rt patch in jetpack 4.2.1

Is Nvidia solved the bug related to rt-patch in jetpack 4.2.1?
Is the patch suitable for kernel 4.9.140?

Hi,
Yes, the changes will be present in jetpack 4.2.1

Thanks for your quick response.
Is someone already used the rt patch in jetpack 4.2.1?

Yes, we have used it. We have also applied -rt94 on top of it, but the shipped version -rt93 should also work.

Did you use him with the new jetpack (4.2.1)? with kernel 4.9.140?

Yes, this is with new JetPack 4.2.1.

root@mystique:~# uname -a | more                                                
Linux mystique 4.9.140-rt94 #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Wed Jul 24 08:56:23 EDT 2019 aarch
64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux                                                    
root@mystique:~#
root@mystique:~# head -n1 /etc/nv_tegra_release |more                           
# R32 (release), REVISION: 2.0, GCID: 15966166, BOARD: t186ref, EABI: aarch64, D
ATE: Wed Jul 17 00:26:04 UTC 2019                                               
root@mystique:~#

Thanks,
Did you follow Nvidia instructions to use the rt-patch?

Hi, @anish.aney

Could tell me how to patch preempt-rt for jetson with jetpack 4.2.1 (or R32.2)?
Is there has some reference?

Thanks in advance!

I am not sure if there’s any documentation specific to Xavier. But I followed the same steps as were mentioned for TX2. Also, since NVIDIA has updated the rt-patches.sh script to modify the tegra_defconfig file, I didn’t have to update the script for that.

AFAIR, I didn’t update or change anything after the steps. Please let me know if you are seeing any specific issue either while compilation or during runtime.

Hi, @anish.aney
Thanks for your rapidly reply.
I’m using TX2 too. I just don’t know the operation steps about how to finish the patch to TX2 (jetpack4.2.1, R32.2) with an preempt-rt kernel.
Could you give me some advices about how to do the patch? like step1, step2 …
That will be pretty nice and thanks in advance!

Hello,

Please follow the steps mentioned at:

Look for below comment and follow from there -

Apply PREEMPT-RT patches

These steps are for NANO but apply for Xavier or TX2 as well. If following these steps doesn’t work please let me know the errors you see; compilation or runtime, and I will try to resolve those.

Hi, @anish.aney

I succeeded to build the kernel with the rt-patch (4.9.140-rt93)
l have another qeustion,
I want to build kernel module (.ko) on the host
pc with cross compiler using the kernel headers which include the rt-patch.
What is the procedere for this operation?