Unable to install Jetpack 3.2.1 on Jetson TX2

I am using the script installation for installing Jetpack 3.2.1 and is facing installation issue for VisionWorks. Over the time, Ubuntu has changed some secuirty related sources file, but the script and installer still refers to the old one.

One such error is

E: Failed to fetch http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial-security/main/binary-arm64/Packages 404 Not Found [IP:91.189.91.26.80]

How to fix the error?

Hi,

Could you try if this command helps?

sudo apt upgrade

By the way, we already move to a newer JetPack and packages.
It’s recommended to use the JetPack4.2.1 instead.

Thanks.

I already have tried

sudo apt-get upgrade

and also

sudo apt upgrade

On executing these commands, I get one of the error mentioned in the original post.

I want Ubuntu 16.04 and so JetPack3.2.1 seems a right choice; as JetPack4.2.1 is based on Ubuntu 18.04. Can you please guide me how to fix the error with JetPack3.2.1 or how to get Ubuntu 16.04 up and running on Jetson TX2?

The Ubuntu security updates server does not provide arm64. If you browse this you’ll see what is available:
[url]http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial-security/main/[/url]

It does make me wonder if security updates for arm64 are somewhere else (FYI, this isn’t an NVIDIA server, it is the Ubuntu official repository).

Okay, I am not sure then how to flash Jetpack 3.2.1 using Ubuntu 16.04 as host. The installation fails when it is installing VisionWorks.

Do you have any UPDATED document on how to download and flash a version of JetPack based on Ubuntu 16.04?

The older JetPack should work without special instructions on Ubuntu 16.04.

However, I’m thinking that the Ubuntu servers themselves have changed since that release. As a result there may be a need to edit the files for package downloads…and since I don’t know what changes Ubuntu made to their servers for arm64 I don’t know what to edit.

Would anyone happen to know if Ubuntu announced any changes to older release availability on arm64?

Not that I am aware of. Let me know if you have any updates on arm64 based updates. Meanwhile I will dig more into.