[Jetson NANO] bbox-bg-color property problem in deepstream config file

Hi,

regarding deepstream development guide (link bellow)

https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/4.0/dev-guide/index.html#page/DeepStream_Development_Guide%2Fdeepstream_app_config.3.2.html%23wwpID0ETHA

in [Primary GIE and Secondary GIE group] you can find property key named [bbox-bg-color] in column [dGPU, Jetson
Both GIEs] you can find there is mentioned both GIEs so I understand that primary detector and secondary one (clasiffier) can use this property.

In my config file there is only primary-gie declared, because I don’t need secondary one.

But if I set in config file this property I get an error while application is running:

NvOsd ERR----line = 430 -2
**PERF: 29.05 (29.78)   29.05 (29.78)   29.05 (29.78)   29.05 (29.78)

I set this property in [primary-gie]

[primary-gie]
enable=1
gpu-id=0
model-engine-file=../../models/Primary_Detector_Nano/resnet10.caffemodel_b4_fp16.engine
batch-size=4
#Required by the app for OSD, not a plugin property
bbox-border-color0=1;0;0;1
bbox-border-color1=0;1;1;1
bbox-border-color2=0;0;1;1
bbox-border-color3=0;1;0;1

bbox-bg-color0=1;0;0;0.3
bbox-bg-color1=0;1;1;0.5
bbox-bg-color2=0;0;1;0.5
bbox-bg-color3=0;1;0;0.5

interval=2
gie-unique-id=1
nvbuf-memory-type=0
config-file=config_infer_primary_nano_test.txt

I’ve tried to set it after bbox-border-color property too, but no change:

bbox-border-color0=1;0;0;1
bbox-bg-color0=1;0;0;0.3

bbox-border-color1=0;1;1;1
bbox-bg-color1=0;1;1;0.5

bbox-border-color2=0;0;1;1
bbox-bg-color2=0;0;1;0.5

bbox-border-color3=0;1;0;1
bbox-bg-color3=0;1;0;0.5

It’s my mistake or it’s in manual or in SDK?

HI,

It looks like you define four different label color for class ID=0~3.
Does your classifier generate four class output?

Thanks.

Hi,

I’m getting the exact same error by using alpha parameter. What does this error actually mean, where is it thrown? Is the source code available of libnvds_osd.so?

Hi,

Sorry that the nvds_osd is not open-sourced.

The error occurs from our OSD component. You can find more detail in this page:
https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/plugin-manual/index.html#page/DeepStream_Plugin_Manual%2Fdeepstream_plugin_details.02.06.html

For the issue, have you updated any parameter that related to the line/bbox/text drawing?

Thanks.

Hi,

Please see attachment for the configure file.
We have confirmed that it can works without the error in comment#1.

Thanks.
source4_1080p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_tiled_display_fp16_nano.txt (3.4 KB)

During my experiments on Jetson Nano I’ve noticed that this particular problem happens when alpha value is not equal to 0.0 and 1.0 and process-mode property of nvdsosd element is set to 2 (VIC mode), which is the default value for that property, and this one doesn’t happen when process-mode is 0 (CPU mode), which seems to be default value in deepstream-app (if omitted in the configuration). Given, for example, detection graphics tend to not be that CPU-hungry, it might be workaround to just set CPU mode for cases like that.

Hi @aclex
Please make a new post with config file so that we can reproduce your observation.

Unfortunately, I apparently cannot attach txt file here, but basically it’s the same as @AastaLLL attached, just with the process-mode=2 definition at line 91. In this configuration it prints just the same error message and doesn’t draw the opaque fields. If this line is changed to process-mode=0 or commented out, the opaque fields are rendered correctly and no error message is printed.

Hi,
VIC engine supports limited modes. Please use the default setting process-mode=0.