Powering up Tx2 with external button

Hi

I would like to power up the TX2 using an external button…Seems like I have the new revision of the board, I don’t have a J6 connector next to the power button

Is there a workaround for powering up the TX2 using pins?

1 Like

Pin 2 of J20 is for power button, short it to ground will power up system. Furthermore you can check the schematic and assembly file in DLC for the location of J20.

1 Like

The docs I am looking at for TX2 dev board shows J20 as the micro-OTG USB connector. J6 used to be correct, but apparently it isn’t present anymore on dev carrier boards. Is J20 a reference to the module instead of the carrier?

Using a connector between pin 1 and 2 on J20 turns on a Red LED (CR5) on the board for about half a second, then it power down again. - Board does not seem to turn on though.

I did this as a simple swap between a J6 connector on the previous version (which succesfully turned it on) to pin 1&&2 on J20 on a new board that doesn’t have J6.

@Trumany Any other ideas?

EDIT:

Holding down the power button for a couple seconds turned it on (as opposed to a press and release).

Shorting pin 1-2 on J20 works perfectly on my dev-board, thanks Trumany!

Me 3! Thanks Trumany!

Shorting pin 1-2 on J20 works but it seems you need to remove the short to prevent power off - assume this is meant for push button instead of a jumper?

Worked perfectly for me as well, thank you!
Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find the schematic… I’ll keep searching.