How to enable serial port profile for the bluetooth service of Jetson Nano

Dear all,

I bothered by the issue of “RFCOMM TTY support not available” for very long time. Finally, after I recomplied the kernel and enabled this support in the kernel setting, I could create “/dev/rfcomm0” serial port now by using the command “sudo rfcomm bind 0 00:04:3E:4B:32:40”.

However, when I tried to read the data from externel bluetooth sensor by the python script, the error returned which said “could not open /dev/rfcomm0 port”.

I tried to edit /etc/systemd/system/dbus-org.bluez.service file like below which worked for my raspberry pi 3b+.

ExecStart=/usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd -C
ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/sdptool add SP

However,after I reboot Jetson nano, the bluetooth service failed to start. I used the WiFi Card and Antennas as the website “www.jetsonhacks.com/” suggested.

What should I do? I could recompile the kernel but I don’t know which setting could enable serial port profile for the bluetooth service of Jetson Nano. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Best regard,
Xiaoqun Yu

Hi,

I found the solution was quite easy. After we create “dev/rfcomm0”, before we run the script to read data, we need to “sudo chmod 777 /dev/rfcomm0”, then the port could be open. It was so different with raspberry Pi.

Best regard,
Xiaoqun Yu