Using NSight Systems for performance analysis on Jetson TX2

Hi there

I’m trying to do remote (SSH) profiling with NSight Systems on Jetson TX2, by attaching the tool to a process. Once I start the profiling, the session ends up pretty quickly with the warnings from below:

Event requestor failed: Source ID=
Type=ErrorInformation (18)
 Properties:
  OriginalSource (145)=EventRequestor
 Error information:
 InternalError (105)
  Properties:
  ErrorText (100)=The operation was aborted.
  ServiceName (200)=AnalysisService
  MethodName (201)=GetData
Events fetch failed: Source ID=
Type=ErrorInformation (18)
 Error information:
 ProcessEventsError (4005)
  Properties:
  ErrorText (100)=/build/agent/work/20a3cfcd1c25021d/QuadD/Host/Analysis/SymbolAnalyzer/SymbolAnalyzer.cpp(324): Throw in function void QuadDSymbolAnalyzer::SymbolAnalyzer::HandleKernelSymbols(const QuadDTimestamp&, uint64_t, uint64_t, const boost::filesystem::path&, QuadDSymbolAnalyzer::ISymbolResolver::Continuator, QuadDSymbolAnalyzer::StateMap*, const Ptr&)
Dynamic exception type: boost::exception_detail::clone_impl
std::exception::what: GetKernelSymbolsError
[QuadDCommon::tag_error_text*] = /build/agent/work/20a3cfcd1c25021d/QuadD/Host/Analysis/SymbolAnalyzer/SymbolAnalyzer.cpp(324): The operation was aborted.

Any idea on how can I fix these?

Thanks,

B.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Do you use the latest JetPack? Could you please help us know

• Version of Nsight Systems you use — see Help→About
  • Version of software on your Jetson — run "head -1 /etc/nv_tegra_release" on Jetson

Hi,
I am new to using the jetson tx2. I am facing problem in installing Nsight systems for profiling the jetson tx2.
My Host machine is Windows 7 with i5 processor.
I have installed the Nsight system using the latest version NVIDIA_Nsight_Systems_Windows_2020.3.1.72.msi and the directories created in the installed path are:

1. documentation
  2. host-windows-x64
  3. target-linux-x64
  4. target-windows-x64

When I launched the nsight-sys.exe and try to connect to the TX2 through the SSH the error message is :
NVIDIA Nsight Systems
2020.3.1.72-e5b8014 Windows-x64

- nvidia@10.60.69.50:229:

[Error] Target is not supported.
This version of Nsight Systems does not support profiling on the selected target.

Missing directory with target binaries:
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight Systems 2020.3.1\target-linux-armv8

So what can be the issue? Is there anything required to install in order to get the directory named target-linux-armv8.

Which version has the support to armv8 ?

Is there going to be a solution to this, I am having the same problem, seems like nsight is not installing all the directories it needs.

I encountered the same problem, but I appeared the same error when I connected the Jetson TX2 on Windows11 when SSH was connected to Jetson TX2. Did you find a solution? Thanks
jetpack=4.6.4

@Andrey_Trachenko

Unfortunately, connecting from Nsight Systems on Windows to a Jetson devkit is not supported.

Moreover, the website releases of Nsight Systems from https://developer.nvidia.com/nsight-systems do not support profiling on Jetson (typically, it’s “.1” in the version, such as 2023.3.1, 2023.4.1, etc.).

To profile on Jetson, please only use builds for Ubuntu that are distributed within JetPack SDK: https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/jetpack