How to configure the TX2 two output HDMI?

How to configure the TX2 two output HDMI

Please search this forum. This is a very common question here.

In brief, you will need to

1. Review your schematics with OEM Design guide.
  2. Configure the pinmux through pinmux spreadsheet.
  3. Download the kernel source, modify the nvdisplay and sor and rebuilt the device tree (dts)
  4. re-flash your board.

Hi WayneWWW,Could you say more detail about the two output of HDMI.im a newer.
1.I dont know how to config the device tree of HDMI and the form device tree of HDMI .
2.After configing the device tree of HDMI ,how to modify the kernel source,and what is the specific file name.thank you very much!

Hi WayneWWW,Could you say more detail about the two output of HDMI.im a newer.
1.I dont know how to config the device tree of HDMI and the form device tree of HDMI .
2.After configing the device tree of HDMI ,how to modify the kernel source,and what is the specific file name.thank you very much!

Are you familiar with the device tree of linux kernel?

Normally you don’t need to modify the kernel source. I meant the dts file is under the kernel source tarball.

Thank you for your reply!
When I use nv_Jetson-TX2-Series-Pinmux-Template.xlsm this file ,and click the button of Generate DT file ,but there is no file to generate .What should I do,thanks a lot!

Are you using a Windows machine?

Normally you don’t need to modify the kernel source. I meant the dts file is under the kernel source tarball.

Please be aware my comment here: kernel source tarball has two files

1. the driver
  2. the device tree files(dts)

and you need to modify the dts files, rebuild it and re-flash it.

I konw some devicetree texts ,such as /Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/nvida,tegra186-gpio.text.In this text there is a example to how to config GPIO.But I dont find the text is about how to config HDMI.

Ubutu

I mean I dont konw how to modify the dts files about HDMI, I find the devicetree files but I dont konw how to config .Such as GPIO there is a example in the Documentation’s text ,but I dont find the example about HDMI in the Documentation’s text

Ubuntu 16.04.1

I download the file of nv_Jetson-TX2-Series-Pinmux-Template.xlsm in win10,then I copy the file to the ubuntu.

You need to generate the files by xlsm on win10 first and then copy these files to Linux_for_Tegra on your ubuntu machine.

Then, use the python script to convert these files to cfg files.

Ref: TX2 adaptation guide and L4T documentation.

Thank you very much !
On Win10 ,when I click the button of Generate DT File ,the system shows error. The error is that the macro is disabled.When I clear the error ,the dts files are generated.

Dear WayneWWW:
Generate three files by using this file of nv_Jetson-TX2-Series-Pinmux-Template.xlsm.
They are tegra18x-jetson-tx2-config-template-gpio-default.dtsi
tegra18x-jetson-tx2-config-template-padvoltage-default.dtsi
tegra18x-jetson-tx2-config-template-pinmux.dtsi three files.
But I found that they are change this part of the devicetree
host1x {
sor {
status = “okay”;
nvidia,active-panel = <&sor0_hdmi_display>;
dp-display {
status = “disabled”;
};
hdmi-display {
status = “okay”;
};

};

sor1 {
		status = "okay";
		nvidia,active-panel = <&sor1_hdmi_display>;
		hdmi-display {
			status = "okay";
		};
		dp-display {
			status = "disabled";
		};
	};

nvdisplay@15200000 {
		status = "disabled";
	};

What should I do .
tegra18x-jetson-tx2-config-template-gpio-default.dtsi
tegra18x-jetson-tx2-config-template-padvoltage-default.dtsi
tegra18x-jetson-tx2-config-template-pinmux.dtsi three files.

Please do not put device tree change in these files. The only thing you need to do on these 3 files are using the python script to convert these dtsi files into “.cfg” files.

After this step is done, it indicates you finishes “2. Configure the pinmux through pinmux spreadsheet.”.

Then, find the correct dts files in kernel source tarball and put your change in #16 into those files.
To know which one is the “correct dts file”, please find what is the dtb file flashed into your board when running flash.sh script.

How to use the python script to convert these dtsi files into “.cfg” files.Do you have some reference files about the python script to convert these dtsi files into “.cfg” files or some examples? thank you very much !

Please check the readme file under Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/pinmux/t186.

Thank you so much !