nvdrmvideosink "Failed to set ..."

I’m trying to get my DeepStream app working without the whale of a Ubuntu desktop running. nvoverlaysink works fine, but if I try to use nvdrmvideosink, I get “Failed to set plane” and “Failed to set display frame buffer”. I see in the documentation I need to set “conn_id”, “plane_id”, and “set_mode” and have been playing around with values, but can’t figure out what i’m supposed to put for the Nano Dev board’s HDMI port. Any help would be appreciated since the manual says nvoverlaysink is deprecated.

Why not use nveglglessink ?

I had assumed it wouldn’t work because the documentation says

Now that i’m trying it, however, it looks like it does work without X/Wayland, as well as nv3dsink(edit, was silly in testing, it doesn’t). About the only one that doesn’t work without X/Wayland is nvdrmvideosink, even though there is an example that would seem to indicate it should. Another reason I wanted to use it was because of the note i found that said:

Anyway, Is there any advantage to using the nvdrmvideosink, or should I just use whatever works for now? The performance seems to be just about the same no matter the sink I use.

We do not support nvdrmvideosink in DeepStream at this stage and there is no plan to do so in the near future.

Understood. You may wish to update your manual in that case since the deprecation warning might confuse people (or at least, I was confused). Is the sink unsupported for DeepStream pipelines alone, or gstreamer entirely?

Also does DRM in this case stand for “digital rights management” or “direct rendering manager”. I found that confusing as well.