Cuda SDK & (NVS 290||FX 1700)
Hi,

this link tells me, which graphic boards are cuda capable (http://www.nvidia.de/object/cuda_learn_products_de.html). But if I compare e.g. Quadro FX 1700 against Quadro NVS 290 the SDK is given as a key feature for the FX 1700 and not for the NVS 290. Does that mean, I can't develop own software using cuda for the NVS 290???

Thank you for any explanation,
Christina Rossmanith
Hi,

this link tells me, which graphic boards are cuda capable (http://www.nvidia.de/object/cuda_learn_products_de.html). But if I compare e.g. Quadro FX 1700 against Quadro NVS 290 the SDK is given as a key feature for the FX 1700 and not for the NVS 290. Does that mean, I can't develop own software using cuda for the NVS 290???

Thank you for any explanation,

Christina Rossmanith

Posted 11/28/2008 02:50 PM   
Both of those GPUs are super slow, so I wouldn't recommend either for CUDA use. As to why one mentions the SDK and the other doesn't, I couldn't say. The Quadro NVS series as far as I know is primarily marketed as a 2D "business app" card. It also only has 256MiB of video RAM which is the bare minimum to even run the smallest CUDA app.
Both of those GPUs are super slow, so I wouldn't recommend either for CUDA use. As to why one mentions the SDK and the other doesn't, I couldn't say. The Quadro NVS series as far as I know is primarily marketed as a 2D "business app" card. It also only has 256MiB of video RAM which is the bare minimum to even run the smallest CUDA app.

Posted 11/28/2008 03:07 PM   
[quote name='MisterAnderson42' post='469787' date='Nov 28 2008, 04:07 PM']Both of those GPUs are super slow, so I wouldn't recommend either for CUDA use. As to why one mentions the SDK and the other doesn't, I couldn't say. The Quadro NVS series as far as I know is primarily marketed as a 2D "business app" card. It also only has 256MiB of video RAM which is the bare minimum to even run the smallest CUDA app.[/quote]

Hi,

which board would you recommend as a reasonable minimum?

Christina Rossmanith
[quote name='MisterAnderson42' post='469787' date='Nov 28 2008, 04:07 PM']Both of those GPUs are super slow, so I wouldn't recommend either for CUDA use. As to why one mentions the SDK and the other doesn't, I couldn't say. The Quadro NVS series as far as I know is primarily marketed as a 2D "business app" card. It also only has 256MiB of video RAM which is the bare minimum to even run the smallest CUDA app.

Hi,

which board would you recommend as a reasonable minimum?

Christina Rossmanith

Posted 11/30/2008 08:50 PM   
at this point, GTX 260.
at this point, GTX 260.

Posted 11/30/2008 09:32 PM   
Scroll To Top