CUDA VS Wizard 2.0 Release

[url=“CUDA VS Wizard - Browse Files at SourceForge.net”]CUDA VS Wizard - Browse Files at SourceForge.net
2.2 beta :

[url=“http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=155412”]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=155412[/url]

This version is 2.0 Release.

Update log:

1. Set the default “CUDA → Advanced → GPU Architecture Compile Name” as “1.0(virtual) Arch”, You may change it depends on your system.

2. Set the default “CUDA → Advanced → GPU Architecture Code Name” as “1.0(hardware) code”, You may change it depends on your system.

3. Set the default “CUDA → Output → Inern Mode” as “Real” in Debug & Release;

4. Support creating .cu files in any directory, not only in project directory.

5. Add support Visual Studio 2008.

Any problem please let me know.

CUDA_VS_Wizard_W32.2.0.zip MD5: 2ded2fb27718a019d3926bf921554224
//CUDA_VS_Wizard_W64.2.0.zip MD5: 14a377baf92564beab5bccd0e357825e there is a bug in the x64&vs2008
so update w64.2.0.1.zip fixed this bug.
3b9a083229c0e0df0bc8b5b0bb78bc8b___CUDA_VS_Wizard_W64.2.0.1.zip.txt (65 Bytes)
CUDA_VS_Wizard_W64.2.0.1.zip (107 KB)
14a377baf92564beab5bccd0e357825e_W64.2.0.txt (63 Bytes)
CUDA_VS_Wizard_W64.2.0.zip (106 KB)
2ded2fb27718a019d3926bf921554224_W32.2.0.txt (61 Bytes)
CUDA_VS_Wizard_W32.2.0.zip (106 KB)

Thank you for providing wizard. I have installled it and runed sample. It is perfect.

As an example, I add simpleGL.cu and simpleGL_kernel.cu(which are in SDK). On linking, it make error below

1>simpleGL.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glewIsSupported
1>simpleGL.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glewInit
1>simpleGL.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewBufferData
1>simpleGL.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewBindBuffer
1>simpleGL.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewGenBuffers
1>simpleGL.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewDeleteBuffers
1>simpleGL.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewUnmapBuffer
1>simpleGL.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewMapBuffer

I change property->Excluded from build of simpleGL_kernel.cu into Yes. What do I have to do?

When C++ source code include .cu, I want to know how to do setting, too.

add the GL libs into the linker properties.

you can find the libs from the example project:)

Let me state a big THANK YOU here. This wizard works fine for me.

With your CUDA project wizard and the .cu file syntax highlighting (that is obtained by creating a usertype.dat in the Common7\IDE folder) it feels like heaven…

Christian

Pleasure:)

I want to share this wizard to Nvidia, because they have the new compiler rules which is different from my wizard.

So it will make some incorrect in the future.
I want to integrate the Nvidia compiler rules with the Wizard in the later version.

is that for XP only ? is that same for Vista 64 bit too ?

vista 64 too

Thank You .

must I install before : Beta 2.1 ( all ? driver , tools , SDK ) ?
must I install after Your Wizard ?

I have problem else one . I have FX 4600 . If i do not run FTT Ocean , “Error finding shader file” . What need I ?
I now . In my FX 4600 have extended shaders , that is a different power beetween GeForce and Quadro FX , how can i take it for CUDA ?

Rafał

1. before or after both are OK.

2. sorry,i don’t have FX 4600…

I have never heard of extended shaders. For CUDA Geforce and Quadro are the same, what matters is compute capability, and FX4600 is as far as I know compute capability 1.0 (like 8800GTX)

Thank You

I think about two-way shader in FX 4600 . Cut by cross object in real time ( hardware ) who have interior elements . In sufficient GeForce You may make it same as Quadro but with bigger delayed time ( software ) . In GeForce You do not Cut by cross object , You looking for object ( software slides ) . How can I use it for FX 4600 .
Rafał

It is the same hardware Geforce and Quadro. Only the BIOS (and driver) differ. For CUDA they are the same.

What is a different between BIOS Quadro and GeForce . Soory i see benchmark and this shader . Look for Sisoft Sandra and in documentation .
Rafał

i can run only in Wizard w32 CUDA , I cannot open Wizard w64 CUDA 64 .
I have Vista 64 bit and Visual Studio 2008 . Can I help me ?
Rafał

We are talking about CUDA here, Quadro and Geforce are the same apart from memory size & speed with respect to CUDA. No matter what Sisoft Sandra tells you.

CUDA != shaders, so maybe shaders can do more on Quadro, but CUDA is the same on both.

People have in the past put a Quadro BIOS on their Geforce and get a boost in OpenGL performance.

i can run only in Wizard w32 CUDA , I cannot open Wizard w64 CUDA 64 .
I have Vista 64 bit and Visual Studio 2008 . Can You help me ?
Rafał

1. 64bit version

2. administrator right

I know . Thank You . in VC++ i have SQL Server , must i run that ? As administrator run SQL obviously .
Happy new Year , and good 31 December fun .

Run the wizard install in administrator right.

Happy 牛 year:)

Thank You

Witaj in New Year

Must I run all in administrator right ?
I think about : driver,tools,sdk , Visual Studio 2008 , and wizard w64 ?