Graphical interface for cuda-gdb?
Is there a ddd (or GUI) available for cuda-gdb?
Is there a ddd (or GUI) available for cuda-gdb?

Posted 01/28/2009 05:56 PM   
Supposedly ddd just works with it, but I've never used it. Let me ask around...
Supposedly ddd just works with it, but I've never used it. Let me ask around...

Posted 01/28/2009 07:34 PM   
How do you configure the ddd installation to integrate with cuda-gdb instead of host-only /usr/bin/gdb?
How do you configure the ddd installation to integrate with cuda-gdb instead of host-only /usr/bin/gdb?

Posted 01/28/2009 07:55 PM   
ddd --debugger cuda-gdb says the debugger team. I think they were mildly annoyed at me for asking instead of just doing man ddd myself :(
ddd --debugger cuda-gdb says the debugger team. I think they were mildly annoyed at me for asking instead of just doing man ddd myself :(

Posted 01/28/2009 07:56 PM   
Thank you for finding the answer to my question.

I didn't see any reference to a GUI in the cuda-gdb User Manual, so one never knows whether there are special configurations beyond just switching the console debugger...
Thank you for finding the answer to my question.

I didn't see any reference to a GUI in the cuda-gdb User Manual, so one never knows whether there are special configurations beyond just switching the console debugger...

Posted 01/29/2009 12:24 PM   
Isnt there any way to run DDD with cuda-gdb without need 2 graphic cards?

Posted 05/29/2010 06:21 PM   

Posted 05/29/2010 06:30 PM   
[quote name='Thorn Striff' date='29 May 2010 - 03:30 PM' timestamp='1275157819' post='1064523']
[/quote]

The [i]GETTING STARTED GUIDE FOR cuda-gdb PREVIEW RELEASE[/i] says the following

[quote]When the graphics desktop manager is running on the same GPU as CUDA then
debugging that GPU results in pausing of the GPU which also pauses the desktop and
thus freezes the GUI which makes the desktop unusable. To avoid desktop hangs
cuda-gdb can be used in the following system configurations.
[/quote]

So it's not possible to use a GUI with cuda-gdb e a single card system.
[quote name='Thorn Striff' date='29 May 2010 - 03:30 PM' timestamp='1275157819' post='1064523']

The GETTING STARTED GUIDE FOR cuda-gdb PREVIEW RELEASE says the following

When the graphics desktop manager is running on the same GPU as CUDA then

debugging that GPU results in pausing of the GPU which also pauses the desktop and

thus freezes the GUI which makes the desktop unusable. To avoid desktop hangs

cuda-gdb can be used in the following system configurations.

Anyday, anytime.

TLuisRS
Thales Luis Rodrigues Sabino
tluisrs@gmail.com

Posted 01/14/2011 05:09 PM   
[quote name='tluisrs' date='14 January 2011 - 07:09 PM' timestamp='1295024991' post='1176923']
The [i]GETTING STARTED GUIDE FOR cuda-gdb PREVIEW RELEASE[/i] says the following

[/quote]

You can do it with two machines via ssh -X. You may also find emacs useful as it has both a gdb mode and can run in the console. Not as gui as ddd, but possibly good enough.

And you can console yourself with the fact that windows doesn't have a single card / debug in console option.
[quote name='tluisrs' date='14 January 2011 - 07:09 PM' timestamp='1295024991' post='1176923']

The GETTING STARTED GUIDE FOR cuda-gdb PREVIEW RELEASE says the following

You can do it with two machines via ssh -X. You may also find emacs useful as it has both a gdb mode and can run in the console. Not as gui as ddd, but possibly good enough.

And you can console yourself with the fact that windows doesn't have a single card / debug in console option.

Posted 01/16/2011 07:52 PM   
[quote name='laughingrice' date='16 January 2011 - 04:52 PM' timestamp='1295207537' post='1177955']

[/quote]

The problem with ssh -X is that is not possible to debug a graphical application. Since VBO's resides in GPU memory, there's no way ssh can send these data through a network, at least I wasn't able to do this.
[quote name='laughingrice' date='16 January 2011 - 04:52 PM' timestamp='1295207537' post='1177955']

The problem with ssh -X is that is not possible to debug a graphical application. Since VBO's resides in GPU memory, there's no way ssh can send these data through a network, at least I wasn't able to do this.

Anyday, anytime.

TLuisRS
Thales Luis Rodrigues Sabino
tluisrs@gmail.com

Posted 01/16/2011 10:11 PM   
Scroll To Top