WMV encoding using CUDA?
Hi all
I'm new to this so excuse me if this is a noob question.

Is it possible to use CUDA for WMV encoding?
For example: I want to encode live MPEG2 video/audio streams into WMV/WMA streams...
Hi all

I'm new to this so excuse me if this is a noob question.

Is it possible to use CUDA for WMV encoding?

For example: I want to encode live MPEG2 video/audio streams into WMV/WMA streams...

Posted 10/01/2009 02:29 AM   
There's a product (made using CUDA) available, and you are probably aware of it. It's called 'badaboom'. (http://www.badaboomit.com)
I think this should work out for you.... (But i'm not sure whether badaboom offers 'live' transcoding facility)
There's a product (made using CUDA) available, and you are probably aware of it. It's called 'badaboom'. (http://www.badaboomit.com)

I think this should work out for you.... (But i'm not sure whether badaboom offers 'live' transcoding facility)

Think... Code... Think... Code... at the end break your head in debugging the code :)

Posted 10/01/2009 03:42 AM   
Yes I know about badaboom, but badaboom is encoding into mp4(H.264) and not wmv. I need it for wmv9.
Yes I know about badaboom, but badaboom is encoding into mp4(H.264) and not wmv. I need it for wmv9.

Posted 10/01/2009 03:47 AM   
Ok... I didn't know that badaboom doesn't offer wmv output format.
Yup, video encoding and decoding are one of the favorite apps for CUDA. So, that should be 'do-able'. If you want some tutorials, you could take a look at the project 'cudaDecode' which comes with the CUDA SDK toolkit. (I haven't looked at, so I cannot comment on how and what they are exactly doing in this)
Ok... I didn't know that badaboom doesn't offer wmv output format.

Yup, video encoding and decoding are one of the favorite apps for CUDA. So, that should be 'do-able'. If you want some tutorials, you could take a look at the project 'cudaDecode' which comes with the CUDA SDK toolkit. (I haven't looked at, so I cannot comment on how and what they are exactly doing in this)

Think... Code... Think... Code... at the end break your head in debugging the code :)

Posted 10/01/2009 04:09 AM   
Ok. thanks. I will take a look.
Ok. thanks. I will take a look.

Posted 10/01/2009 07:42 PM   
Hey, any news about the decoding WMV9 , i have the 1st generation of nvidia ION, in my mini hp 311 with the FULL ION (win7)

I also bought a sony walkman NWZ-E354, and can only reproduce WMV9 videos!.

Can anyone recommend me some software that use CUDA and convert to the WMV9????

Ty 4 advice!
Hey, any news about the decoding WMV9 , i have the 1st generation of nvidia ION, in my mini hp 311 with the FULL ION (win7)

Ty 4 advice!

Posted 11/23/2010 05:51 PM   

Ty 4 advice!

Ty 4 advice!

Posted 11/23/2010 05:51 PM   
Scroll To Top