Mac OS kill the Kernel on device ?

Hi,

When I run my kernel for smaller data size, it returns the correct results. But when I increase it, the error msg:

the lauched time out and was terminated.

So does MAC OS also set up some watchdog time for kernel executed on the devices? And the OS treat both displaying and non-displaying GPUs as the same?

thanks

How long is your kernel call executing? I read about 5s time-out in other posts, and also read about it in the official docs - but please don’t ask where :-(.

How long is your kernel call executing? I read about 5s time-out in other posts, and also read about it in the official docs - but please don’t ask where :-(.

on linux, the kernel can run and the walltime is around 18 seconds. I know 5s time-out of windows but not sure about Mac :(

on linux, the kernel can run and the walltime is around 18 seconds. I know 5s time-out of windows but not sure about Mac :(

I’m having a similar problem: The kernel runs fine with small data. However, my mac just crashed when I put more data, about 300KB (really big amount of data :). From the printings I had, the program stopped while trying to copy the data. I’m using Thrust api to copy a vector to the device. Also, I’m surrounding the copy with cuda events, and a synchronize call at the end, to time the call.

Is there any way to turn on both the GPUs, the intel for rendering normally the screen, and the Nvidia one to run the CUDA program?

Thank you,

André

I’m having a similar problem: The kernel runs fine with small data. However, my mac just crashed when I put more data, about 300KB (really big amount of data :). From the printings I had, the program stopped while trying to copy the data. I’m using Thrust api to copy a vector to the device. Also, I’m surrounding the copy with cuda events, and a synchronize call at the end, to time the call.

Is there any way to turn on both the GPUs, the intel for rendering normally the screen, and the Nvidia one to run the CUDA program?

Thank you,

André

Anyone has a solution for this? how to disable the watchdog timer on mac? I am getting the timeout about 8 sec or so. Thanks

Anyone has a solution for this? how to disable the watchdog timer on mac? I am getting the timeout about 8 sec or so. Thanks

I have same issue on my new MacBook pro. Does anybody know the solution?