CUDA 4.0 on Win7 x64

Hello, why after cuda toolkit 4.0 (and comput SDK) installation i have no such directories C:/…NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK 4.0\C\common\inc and so on. So in every manual i see the advices to build cutil_vs2010.sln from C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK 4.0\C\common to solve can’t find my cutil64d.lib error, but i just haven’t such directory. The same thing with syntax highlighting and usertype.dat. There are no directories where this documents should be.

The usertype.dat file is located in: “C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK 4.0\C\doc\syntax_highlighting\visual_studio_8”

I am also running CUDA 4.0 on Win7 x64. I copied the “usertype.dat” file into the “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE” directory.

You then have to go into Tools–Options–Text Editor–File Extension and add “cu” for Visual C++ in Visual Studio. After you restart your VS you should have syntax highlighting.

Hope this helps!

I think I have the same problem:

Inside my
C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation
folder is only another folder called “Drs”
Altough, according to most users here there should be a folder called “NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK 4.0”

Thus I do not have (for example) cutil_2010.sln or similar files…

Edit:

Found out what it was: The Files weren’t installed to C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK 4.0\ but rather C:\Users[MyUsername]\AppData\Local\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK 4.0\