I cant execute bandwidthTest at Win 7 64Bit

Hallo GPU fans,

I have a Asus Notebook with a GTX 460M GPU.

I use Win7 64Bit.

First I installed the Notebook GPU Driver “devdriver_4.0_winvista-win7_64_275.33_notebook.exe” on my Notebook

Then I installed the “cudatoolkit_4.0.17_win_64.msi”

After that I installed the “gpucomputingsdk_4.0.19_win_64.exe”

Then I installed the windows SDK 7.1

After that I installed the Visual Studio 2010 IDE

If I start bandwidthTest I get an Error. Here is the Error Log:

1>------ Neues Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: cutil, Konfiguration: Debug x64 ------

2>------ Neues Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: shrUtils, Konfiguration: Debug x64 ------

2> cmd_arg_reader.cpp

1> bank_checker.cpp

2> shrUtils.cpp

2> Note: including windows.h

2> Note: including math.h

2> Note: including assert.h

1> cmd_arg_reader.cpp

1> cutil.cpp

2> Generating Code…

2> shrUtils_vs2010.vcxproj → C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK 4.0\shared\lib\x64\shrUtils64D.lib

1> stopwatch.cpp

1> stopwatch_win.cpp

1> Generating Code…

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ‘kernel32.lib’

3>------ Neues Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: bandwidthTest, Konfiguration: Debug x64 ------

3>

3> C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK 4.0\C\src\bandwidthTest>“C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v4.0\bin\nvcc.exe” -ccbin “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64” -I"./" -I"…/…/common/inc" -I"…/…/…/shared/inc" -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v4.0\include" -G0 --keep-dir “x64\Debug” -maxrregcount=0 --machine 64 --compile -D_NEXUS_DEBUG -g -Xcompiler "/EHsc /nologo /Od /Zi /MTd " -o “x64/Debug/bandwidthTest.cu.obj” “C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK 4.0\C\src\bandwidthTest\bandwidthTest.cu” -clean

3>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\BuildCustomizations\CUDA 4.0.targets(441,9): error MSB3721: Der Befehl ““C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v4.0\bin\nvcc.exe” -ccbin “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64” -I”./" -I"…/…/common/inc" -I"…/…/…/shared/inc" -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v4.0\include" -G0 --keep-dir “x64\Debug” -maxrregcount=0 --machine 64 --compile -D_NEXUS_DEBUG -g -Xcompiler “/EHsc /nologo /Od /Zi /MTd " -o “x64/Debug/bandwidthTest.cu.obj” “C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK 4.0\C\src\bandwidthTest\bandwidthTest.cu” -clean” wurde mit Code -1 beendet.

========== Alles neu erstellen: 1 erfolgreich, Fehler bei 2, 0 übersprungen ==========

Im searching for the kernel32.lib on my system. I found the kernel32.lib in the following folders:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Lib

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Lib\x64

But the compiler cant found the Library. The real name of the Library is Kernel32.Lib

Can somebody help me to solve the problem?

Have nobody an idea?

The Windows SDK may not be setup right for your project - likely the original project didn’t make use of this version of the windows SDK, or had it installed in a different folder (which it might appear to be on win7 x86).

So,

• right click on your project and select ‘properties’

• open tree ‘configuration properties’

• select item ‘VC++ Directories’

• edit item in right window ‘library directories’: you want to add something like ‘$(WindowsSDKDir)lib’ to the beginning of this list. Check out the ‘macros’ button on this dialog to be sure the right macro points to the right folder.

good luck!