CUDA Device Query (Runtime API) version (CUDART static linking)
cudaGetDeviceCount returned 10304
-> unspecified driver error
[deviceQuery] test results...
* A 64-bit application, with the OS configured as 32-bit kernel running on driver versions prior to the CUDA 4.0.31, may crash.
Follow these steps to determine your default OS kernel configuration:
1. Choose About This Mac from the Apple menu.
2. Click on More Info.
3. Select Software in the Contents pane.
4. Look for "64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes (or No)" under the System Software Overview heading.
With the CUDA driver 4.0.31 driver for Mac, a CUDA context cannot be created in this mode- 32-bit kernel, 64-bit CUDA application.
If a 64-bit CUDA application tries to create a CUDA context in this mode, cuInit() will return a CUDA error.
The CUDA driver 4.0.31 on Mac OSX 10.7 supports the following configurations:
- 32-bit Kernel running with 32-bit CUDA application.
- 64-bit Kernel running with 64-bit CUDA application.
Support for 32-bit OS kernel with 64-bit CUDA applications will require a future CUDA driver update in conjunction with a Lion Software Update.
If your system is running as a 32-bit kernel, and you want to run a 64-bit CUDA application, one option is to set your OS to run in 64-bit kernel mode. This requires the Apple system hardware to support the OS running in 64-bit kernel; please refer to the Apple website for a detailed list of supported hardware.
You can enable your OS to run in 64-bit kernel mode using one of the following ways:
At startup time:
-If 32-bit kernel is your default configuration, holding 6 and 4 keys during startup will boot into 64-bit kernel mode.
To change the default configuration for the current startup disk (persistent):
-To 64-bit kernel, open a Terminal Window with the command:
sudo systemsetup -setkernelbootarchitecture x86_64
-To 32-bit kernel, open a Terminal Window with the command:
sudo systemsetup -setkernelbootarchitecture i386
You must Log In to send a PM.
Please Log In | Register to add a comment.
Not a member? Register Now