Problem running gpu code matlab cuda

I want to try matlab with cuda. I open matlab and write >> gpuDevice and gives the following error:

Error using gpuDevice (line 22)
The CUDA driver was found, but it is too old. The CUDA driver on your system is version: 3.2. The required
CUDA version is: 4 or greater.

I have installed cuda version 4 after matlab. If i open cmd and run nvcc --version gives release version 4. Also, the environmental variables are set.

Have you any idea;

Did you install the latest version of the gpu driver before you installed the 4.0 toolkit?

I have the same problem:

====================
Error using gpuDevice (line 26)
There is a problem with the CUDA driver associated with this GPU device. See Add-On Product Requirements & Platform Availability - MATLAB & Simulink to find and install the latest supported driver.

Caused by:
The CUDA driver was found, but it is too old. The CUDA driver on your system supports CUDA version 3.2. The required CUDA version is 4 or greater.

But I’ve installed:
Asus graphics driver - VGA_nVidia_Win7_64_version V8.17.12.6856

For the GeForce GT 540M in my ASUS running Windows 7 64 bit

And the nVidia driver update web app detects this to be the most recent driver (I downloaded it yesterday).

I have also installed CUDA toolkit 4.2.9 for Windows 64.

However, if I type nvcc in Run, I get: Windows cannot find ‘C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\4.2\bin\nvcc.exe’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

So the path seems to be set wrong.

I managed to find the file in: Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v4.2\bin\nvcc.exe

But when I run this executable I just get a window that disappears way too early for anything to be readable.

I’ve very much appreciate anyone’s help !! External ImageExternal Image

Open the Visual Studio 2010 Command Prompt window by clicking Start, pointing to All Programs, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, Visual Studio Tools, and then clicking Visual Studio 2010 Command Prompt.

When you run just nvcc it tries to compile something, but you gave no file as a parameter to the nvcc this is why you need to open a cmd and from there use something like “nvcc code.cu”.

By the way your path is wrong there is a small difference in one case it is 4.2 in another case v4.2

May you will get more feedback on the CUDA on Windows section. Try a search and if your question was not answered open a new topic.