CUDA ok, OpenCL crashes in libcuda.so
Runnin Linux, I have nVidia driver 290.10, CUDA and the nVidia GPU computing SDK installed (latest downloadable versions). The card is a GTX560Ti; it not used as graphics card in the computer anymore, an ATI card is. The card is detected just fine, I can run CUDA programs on it.

OpenCL runtime reports the platform / device correctly as NVIDIA CUDA / GeForce GTX 560 Ti, but whenever I run some code on it, it reports error compiling the program (which is compiled just fine by both Intel and AMD SDK's), i.e. clBuildProgram returns CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE and clGetProgramBuildInfo(...,CL_PROGRAM_BUILD_LOG...) crashes:

#0 __strlen_sse42 () at ../sysdeps/x86_64/multiarch/strlen-sse4.S:32
#1 0x00007ffff22c0e67 in ?? () from /usr/lib/nvidia-current/libcuda.so
#2 0x0000000000402e85 in main (argc=2, argv=0x7fffffffdfc8) at test-chain.cc:107 // this is where clGetProgramBuildInfo is called

Any hint?
Runnin Linux, I have nVidia driver 290.10, CUDA and the nVidia GPU computing SDK installed (latest downloadable versions). The card is a GTX560Ti; it not used as graphics card in the computer anymore, an ATI card is. The card is detected just fine, I can run CUDA programs on it.

OpenCL runtime reports the platform / device correctly as NVIDIA CUDA / GeForce GTX 560 Ti, but whenever I run some code on it, it reports error compiling the program (which is compiled just fine by both Intel and AMD SDK's), i.e. clBuildProgram returns CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE and clGetProgramBuildInfo(...,CL_PROGRAM_BUILD_LOG...) crashes:

#0 __strlen_sse42 () at ../sysdeps/x86_64/multiarch/strlen-sse4.S:32

#1 0x00007ffff22c0e67 in ?? () from /usr/lib/nvidia-current/libcuda.so

#2 0x0000000000402e85 in main (argc=2, argv=0x7fffffffdfc8) at test-chain.cc:107 // this is where clGetProgramBuildInfo is called

Any hint?

Posted 02/14/2012 10:46 AM   
In case someone bumps into the same: strace reveals it crashes after looking for libnvidia-compiler.so.295.20, so running with LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/nvidia-current fixes the problem.

Could someone make libcuda.so check whether the lib was opened and writing some nicer error instead of crashing? (What kind of programmers are there at nvidia?!)
In case someone bumps into the same: strace reveals it crashes after looking for libnvidia-compiler.so.295.20, so running with LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/nvidia-current fixes the problem.

Could someone make libcuda.so check whether the lib was opened and writing some nicer error instead of crashing? (What kind of programmers are there at nvidia?!)

Posted 03/15/2012 11:47 AM   
Scroll To Top