CUDA ok, OpenCL crashes in libcuda.so

Runnin Linux, I have nVidia driver 290.10, CUDA and the nVidia GPU computing SDK installed (latest downloadable versions). The card is a GTX560Ti; it not used as graphics card in the computer anymore, an ATI card is. The card is detected just fine, I can run CUDA programs on it.

OpenCL runtime reports the platform / device correctly as NVIDIA CUDA / GeForce GTX 560 Ti, but whenever I run some code on it, it reports error compiling the program (which is compiled just fine by both Intel and AMD SDK’s), i.e. clBuildProgram returns CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE and clGetProgramBuildInfo(…,CL_PROGRAM_BUILD_LOG…) crashes:

#0 __strlen_sse42 () at …/sysdeps/x86_64/multiarch/strlen-sse4.S:32
#1 0x00007ffff22c0e67 in ?? () from /usr/lib/nvidia-current/libcuda.so
#2 0x0000000000402e85 in main (argc=2, argv=0x7fffffffdfc8) at test-chain.cc:107 // this is where clGetProgramBuildInfo is called

Any hint?

In case someone bumps into the same: strace reveals it crashes after looking for libnvidia-compiler.so.295.20, so running with LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/nvidia-current fixes the problem.

Could someone make libcuda.so check whether the lib was opened and writing some nicer error instead of crashing? (What kind of programmers are there at nvidia?!)