Intel GPU + NVIDIA GPU

Greetings,

My laptop has an Intel Gpu and an Nvidia Gpu. Would it be possible to disable the Windows timer for the Nvidia Gpu and use it as a dedicated compute engine (either cuda or opencl)? It is running under win7-64.
Regards

I’m not sure what you mean. But, yes, it is perfectly easy to get CUDA or OpenCL running on an Optimus machine (one that has both Intel integrated graphics and NVIDIA GPU). Simply install the latest NVIDIA driver, Official Drivers | NVIDIA, for your NVIDIA GPU and your OS flavor. Then write your code and you’re off to the races. You may need to use the NVIDIA Control Panel to specify that you want to use the NVIDIA GPU in your CUDA application. I just set mine to always use NVIDIA GPU for everything.

I doubt TDR (or other timeouts) will present a problem to you.

Thanks for your response.
I have Nvidia control panel v 3.9.731.0 and the only thing I can see that resembles to what you are referring is under the “Manage 3D Settings”, is that the correct place?

You will find it in 3D Settings → Manage 3D Settings → Global Settings. I simply choose NVIDIA in the dropdown box there.

I’ve currently got driver 285.62 installed.

BTW, what kind of work are you looking to do on the GPU?