CPU Fallback

I’m waiting for this feature, is there a possibility to use an Optix beta version that support it?

Thx

A. Delle

It was demo’ed at GTC this year, so it exists – but you should probably contact the team privately for access to the tech, there were no plans to make it public as I recall.

What the poster above said is accurate; the CPU code exists (it’s in Adobe AfterEffects CS6!), but currently we don’t feel that it’s ready for a public release. If you have a pressing need for it, feel free to contact the OptiX team by email and see if we can get you something that works.

Do you think that it will be released in the next months (within 2012) or it will need more time ?

Thx

The CPU Fallback will be present into the final 3.0 release?

Thx

CPU fallback will not be part of the soon-to-be-coming 3.0 release.

…feel free to contact the OptiX team by email and see if we can get you something that works

Ok, what have I to do?

Hi,

I found this thread and was interested if there were any updates on CPU fallback. Is it part of the roadmap and if so could this be part of a future v3.5 or maybe we would have to wait for v4?

Many thanks,
Craig

Hi

CPU fallback is not ready for a public release yet. It will not be part of the 3.5 release

Hello.
I am still waiting for the CPU fallback feature. is it available in optix 3.9?

We do have a CPU implementation in OptiX-Prime. However, while it is a feature we want to find time to implement in the future, it is not available in the main OptiX API yet.