Linux Drivers for Quadro FX 2000

Hi, everyone. I need help finding working linux display driver X86 for my quadro fx 2000. Nvidia website suggested the last two releases (304.64 and 310.19)… but when i read through supported products, my gpu is not listed!!! I also tried installing them anyway but they failed!

Any help will be appreciated.

Why did they fail? attach both /var/log/nvidia-installer.logs

After a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, 173.14.36 installed correctly but am not getting unity 3D: unity 2D works fine.

:~$ /usr/lib/nux/unity_support_test -p
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: Quadro FX 2000/AGP/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 173.14.36

Not software rendered: yes
Not blacklisted: yes
GLX fbconfig: yes
GLX texture from pixmap: yes
GL npot or rect textures: yes
GL vertex program: yes
GL fragment program: yes
GL vertex buffer object: yes
GL framebuffer object: yes
GL version is 1.4+: yes

Unity 3D supported: yes

strangely 310.19 says it supports your card, do attach those nvidia-installer logs (name them .JPG so they attach ;) )

Below is a copy of NVIDIA-INSTALLER logs.

nvidia-installer log file ‘/var/log/nvidia-installer.log’
creation time: Mon Dec 3 13:45:46 2012
installer version: 310.19

PATH: /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

nvidia-installer command line:
./nvidia-installer

Using: nvidia-installer ncurses user interface

WARNING: The NVIDIA Quadro FX 2000 GPU installed in this system is supported through the NVIDIA 173.14.xx legacy Linux graphics drivers. Please visit Unix Drivers | NVIDIA for more information. The 310.19 NVIDIA Linux graphics driver will ignore this GPU.

WARNING: You do not appear to have an NVIDIA GPU supported by the 310.19 NVIDIA Linux graphics driver installed in this system. For further details, please see the appendix SUPPORTED NVIDIA GRAPHICS CHIPS in the README available on the Linux driver download page at www.nvidia.com.

→ License accepted.
→ Installing NVIDIA driver version 310.19.
→ Running distribution scripts
executing: ‘/usr/lib/nvidia/pre-install’…
→ done.
→ The distribution-provided pre-install script failed! Continue installation anyway? (Answer: Yes)

ERROR: The Nouveau kernel driver is currently in use by your system. This driver is incompatible with the NVIDIA driver, and must be disabled before proceeding. Please consult the NVIDIA driver README and your Linux distribution’s documentation for details on how to correctly disable the Nouveau kernel driver.

→ For some distributions, Nouveau can be disabled by adding a file in the modprobe configuration directory. Would you like nvidia-installer to attempt to create this modprobe file for you? (Answer: Yes)
→ The modprobe configuration file to disable Nouveau, /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-installer-disable-nouveau.conf, has been written. For some distributions, this may be sufficient to disable Nouveau; other distributions may require modification of the initial ramdisk. Please reboot your system and attempt NVIDIA driver installation again. Note if you later wish to reenable Nouveau, you will need to delete the file /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-installer-disable-nouveau.conf.
ERROR: Installation has failed. Please see the file ‘/var/log/nvidia-installer.log’ for details. You may find suggestions on fixing installation problems in the README available on the Linux driver download page at www.nvidia.com.