Adaptive vsync?
I just upgraded from a GT220 to a GTX660. Quite an improvement. I had read about adaptive vsync with these new Kepler chips and wondered how to enable it in Linux. I found instructions on how to do it in Windows, but no amount of README reading or Googling would turn up how to enable it in Linux.
I just upgraded from a GT220 to a GTX660. Quite an improvement. I had read about adaptive vsync with these new Kepler chips and wondered how to enable it in Linux. I found instructions on how to do it in Windows, but no amount of README reading or Googling would turn up how to enable it in Linux.

Posted 11/30/2012 04:41 PM   
This is exposed to applications via the [url=http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/EXT/glx_swap_control_tear.txt]GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear extension[/url]. Enhancement request 970514 is filed to track adding a way to override it in the control panel for applications that don't provide an option to enable it.
This is exposed to applications via the GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear extension. Enhancement request 970514 is filed to track adding a way to override it in the control panel for applications that don't provide an option to enable it.

Aaron Plattner
NVIDIA Linux Graphics

Posted 11/30/2012 08:38 PM   
Thanks! That would be great.
Thanks! That would be great.

Posted 12/02/2012 12:35 AM   
Any news on this? The ability to force everything to use adaptive vsync would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Any news on this? The ability to force everything to use adaptive vsync would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Posted 07/10/2013 12:24 AM   
Scroll To Top