EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Problems !!!
  1 / 10    
This is what I'm getting with gtx 660 ti all last drivers !!! This line appears almost everytime I play videos. I've tried changing drivers,OS,bios, etc,nothing works! Check this link here Change Video Quality to 720p or 1080p http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZgJo8Xrvlw&feature=youtu.be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNY3cXHAjJQ&feature=youtu.be This what I get and it's fing annoying already. NO such things in windows 7. I'm very confident it's nvidia linux driver that craps so bad.
This is what I'm getting with gtx 660 ti all last drivers !!!
This line appears almost everytime I play videos. I've tried changing drivers,OS,bios, etc,nothing works!
Check this link here
Change Video Quality to 720p or 1080p

This what I get and it's fing annoying already. NO such things in windows 7. I'm very confident it's nvidia linux driver that craps so bad.

Posted 12/14/2012 02:29 PM   
What window manager are you using?
What window manager are you using?

Posted 12/14/2012 04:25 PM   
Can confirm that issue - on flash in browser, mplayer using vdpau, or vlc. Only for me the line is in the upper third of the video, and it is independent if fullscreen or windowed. 660Ti, 310.x or 313.09 same issue Opensuse 11.4, 32 bit, KDE / KDM; problem exists independent if compsiting is on or not; also independent of vsync off or on It happens only (recognizable) with 720p or higher. P.S: as previously mentioned in another thread - i changed from a 460 GTX recently and havent seen the effect there with the 310.x drivers. Its more than a pity to see that regression with the newer card. Pls feel free to ask me for some tests.. [update] have to correct myselfas i did a bit more testing: - does only happen on some high res videos, but not found out about a pattern - does NOT happen with mplayer using VDPAU (when playing the same DVD ISO with vlc using xv it happens)
Can confirm that issue - on flash in browser, mplayer using vdpau, or vlc. Only for me the line is in the upper third of the video, and it is independent if fullscreen or windowed.

660Ti, 310.x or 313.09 same issue

Opensuse 11.4, 32 bit, KDE / KDM; problem exists independent if compsiting is on or not; also independent of vsync off or on

It happens only (recognizable) with 720p or higher.

P.S: as previously mentioned in another thread - i changed from a 460 GTX recently and havent seen the effect there with the 310.x drivers. Its more than a pity to see that regression with the newer card.

Pls feel free to ask me for some tests..

[update] have to correct myselfas i did a bit more testing:
- does only happen on some high res videos, but not found out about a pattern
- does NOT happen with mplayer using VDPAU (when playing the same DVD ISO with vlc using xv it happens)

Posted 12/14/2012 11:27 PM   
I've tried unity, gnome shell and cinnnamon. I've noticed it starts happening when graphics and memory clocks drop to 324 Mhz I see that line and some other small lines like that when switching web pages. My specs: linux mint 14 cinnamon i7 3930k rampage iv gene ddr3 16gb EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature 2 psu corsair 850W
I've tried unity, gnome shell and cinnnamon.
I've noticed it starts happening when graphics and memory clocks drop to 324 Mhz
I see that line and some other small lines like that when switching web pages.

My specs:

linux mint 14 cinnamon
i7 3930k
rampage iv gene
ddr3 16gb
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature 2
psu corsair 850W

Posted 12/14/2012 11:54 PM   
[quote="rusty1"] I've noticed it starts happening when graphics and memory clocks drop to 324 Mhz [/quote] So if you set power settings via nvidia-settings program to Performance locking it to higher clock, the problem is no longer there?
rusty1 said:
I've noticed it starts happening when graphics and memory clocks drop to 324 Mhz

So if you set power settings via nvidia-settings program to Performance locking it to higher clock, the problem is no longer there?

Posted 12/15/2012 03:11 AM   
just did a quick test on the same youtube posted above with 1080p set and "Prefer Maximum Performance" locked to a higher clock and didn't see any lines and artifacts.
just did a quick test on the same youtube posted above with 1080p set and "Prefer Maximum Performance" locked to a higher clock and didn't see any lines and artifacts.

Posted 12/15/2012 04:12 AM   
so does anybody else have that problem ? any nvidia responses to that ?
so does anybody else have that problem ? any nvidia responses to that ?

Posted 12/19/2012 02:23 AM   
I wonder if it's only a Kepler problem. I can't seem to reproduce it on my 210 or 570. I'd suggest posting the bug report log (you'll have to rename the .tar.gz to a .jpg to attach it).
I wonder if it's only a Kepler problem. I can't seem to reproduce it on my 210 or 570.

I'd suggest posting the bug report log (you'll have to rename the .tar.gz to a .jpg to attach it).

Posted 12/19/2012 03:14 AM   
For Flash, does it happen with hardware acceleration both enabled and disabled?
For Flash, does it happen with hardware acceleration both enabled and disabled?

Posted 12/19/2012 03:17 AM   
I'll try to post bug report later. For flash hardware acceleration it doens't matter I've tried it already.
I'll try to post bug report later. For flash hardware acceleration it doens't matter I've tried it already.

Posted 12/19/2012 04:08 AM   
small update the problem occurs in html5 videos as well so it's not only flash issue.
small update the problem occurs in html5 videos as well so it's not only flash issue.

Posted 12/20/2012 03:48 AM   
Update: tested it - Flash is ok if set powermizer level to "prefer maximum performance, BUT this does NOT solve the problem in VLC (2.0.5) Player watching a DVD. It is there same behaviour, horizontal line is there not always but especially when much motion in the picture, e.g. camera panning or a scene with people acting very vivid (e.g. audience of a football game). Does not happen if mplayer + VDPAU same DVD, regardless of powermizer level. Again, this did not happen with same driver with my 460 GTX, so it must be related to Keppler, and a more underlying problem than just clock level. I tested on all available drivers for 660Ti (Gainward Phantom) 304.x, 310.x, 313.09- same behaviour
Update: tested it - Flash is ok if set powermizer level to "prefer maximum performance, BUT this does NOT solve the problem in VLC (2.0.5) Player watching a DVD. It is there same behaviour, horizontal line is there not always but especially when much motion in the picture, e.g. camera panning or a scene with people acting very vivid (e.g. audience of a football game).
Does not happen if mplayer + VDPAU same DVD, regardless of powermizer level.

Again, this did not happen with same driver with my 460 GTX, so it must be related to Keppler, and a more underlying problem than just clock level.

I tested on all available drivers for 660Ti (Gainward Phantom) 304.x, 310.x, 313.09- same behaviour

Posted 12/20/2012 08:50 PM   
Any nvidia reps to reply ?
Any nvidia reps to reply ?

Posted 12/21/2012 02:19 AM   
anybody else with similar problem ?
anybody else with similar problem ?

Posted 12/23/2012 06:42 AM   
Here's my bug report. To open please Remove .jpg at the end
Here's my bug report. To open please Remove .jpg at the end

Posted 12/24/2012 01:13 AM   
  1 / 10    
Scroll To Top