Choppy and lagging mouse cursor with nvidia 313.18 on GTX-660
Hello, i switched to a Kepler-based card (GTX660, GK106, multihead setup, 2560x1440 + 1920x1080). Everything was fine with 310.19 driver, after upgrading the nvidia driver from 310.19 to 313.18 (also tried 313.26, same problems) i have a very choppy and lagging mouse cursor: whenever i hover around something that makes the cursor change glyph (pointer to caret, hourglass, ..) it becomes *VERY* sluggish, lagging, jumping around and losing lot of precision. Whenever this happens, xorg takes 100% CPU. After some tries, it looks like the cursor change `events` gets queued in some way and, if i'm fast enough moving the cursor between says, lines of text, and then stop, i can see the cursor still changing to the `queued` glyphs for quite some seconds: then, upon finishing this behavior (or emptying the queue..) xorg's cpu consumption returns normal. I tried without success to videorecord it, but if needed to comprehend the problem i'll try again (hopefully begin successfull at it) or just camrecord it. This happens on arch64: [code] xorg-xserver 1.13.2.901-1 nvidia 313.18-3 nvidia-utils 313.18-1 lib32-nvidia-utils 313.18-5 [/code] I tried that on another machine with arch64, same packages, same versions, but no kepler graphics and this configuration is working flawlessly, so i'm inclined to think there is something going on with kepler at this point. Rolling back to 310.19 eliminates the problem completely. I'll do my best to help nvidia with this, hopefully i'll be able to solve it, anyone with similar problems with Kepler-based graphics card? *UPDATE #1* Tested with 313.26, same problem
Hello, i switched to a Kepler-based card (GTX660, GK106, multihead setup, 2560x1440 + 1920x1080).
Everything was fine with 310.19 driver, after upgrading the nvidia driver from 310.19 to 313.18 (also tried 313.26, same problems) i have a very choppy and lagging mouse cursor: whenever i hover around something that makes the cursor change glyph (pointer to caret, hourglass, ..) it becomes *VERY* sluggish, lagging, jumping around and losing lot of precision.
Whenever this happens, xorg takes 100% CPU.

After some tries, it looks like the cursor change `events` gets queued in some way and, if i'm fast enough moving the cursor between says, lines of text, and then stop, i can see the cursor still changing to the `queued` glyphs for quite some seconds: then, upon finishing this behavior (or emptying the queue..) xorg's cpu consumption returns normal.

I tried without success to videorecord it, but if needed to comprehend the problem i'll try again (hopefully begin successfull at it) or just camrecord it.

This happens on arch64:

xorg-xserver 1.13.2.901-1
nvidia 313.18-3
nvidia-utils 313.18-1
lib32-nvidia-utils 313.18-5



I tried that on another machine with arch64, same packages, same versions, but no kepler graphics and this configuration is working flawlessly, so i'm inclined to think there is something going on with kepler at this point.
Rolling back to 310.19 eliminates the problem completely.

I'll do my best to help nvidia with this, hopefully i'll be able to solve it, anyone with similar problems with Kepler-based graphics card?

*UPDATE #1*
Tested with 313.26, same problem

#1
Posted 03/02/2013 02:44 PM   
Tried 313.26, same problems as 313.18.
Tried 313.26, same problems as 313.18.

#2
Posted 03/05/2013 09:22 PM   
Performance of rapid cursor image changes should be improved in the upcoming 319.* driver release series.
Performance of rapid cursor image changes should be improved in the upcoming 319.* driver release series.

Aaron Plattner
NVIDIA Linux Graphics

#3
Posted 03/05/2013 10:11 PM   
Nice, thank you much for letting me know Aaron!
Nice, thank you much for letting me know Aaron!

#4
Posted 03/06/2013 10:13 AM   
This problem still exists on 326.58 beta
This problem still exists on 326.58 beta

#5
Posted 08/19/2013 07:33 AM   
Scroll To Top