nsight 3.0 release candidate not working for visual studio 2008 , GLSL 3.3 and 4.0 code

Hi

I cannot seem to enter frame debugging through “Start Graphics Debugging” in VS2008. I am running GLSL code that is version 330 , even one that is 400. But I run into the following error:

Frame Control :Nsight only supports frame debugging for OpenGL4.2
To find all incompatibilities run /Monitor/Common/Nvda.Launcher100.exe -compatlog C:\nvcompatlog.txt myapp.exe

But when I try to do this from the windows command line:
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight Visual Studio Edition 3.0\Monit
or\Common>Nvda.Launcher.100.exe -compatlog C:\temp\nvcompatlog.txt “C:\User
s\tutu\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\glutglsl5_2.0\Debug\glut
glsl.exe”
Processing command line “”…
…Done processing command line
Initializing settings…
…Done initializing settings
Starting C:\Users\tutu\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\glutglsl5_2.0\Debug\glutglsl.exe
Process 3920 started
Beginning shutdown…

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight Visual Studio Edition 3.0\Monit
or\Common>openGl version 4.3.0
Ready for OpenGL 2.0

It gives me a window saying the program glutglsl5_2.0 is unresponsive. Also, i do not get anything written out in the logfile C:\temp\nvcompatlog.txt

So I am not sure if I am doing something wrong here. I thought the 4.2 GLSL core compatibility requirement did not require a conversion of the GLSL code from 3.3 to 4.2 because the 4.2 core code is backward compatible.

Note: glutglsl.exe is created from the .sln file in Visual Studio 2008 . It is a simple rotating teapot -so nothing too complex.

Are you doing local or remote debugging? 3.3 is only supported via remote debugging.

I had this problem when I was using some depreciated and non-core functions like glBegin/glEnd; also originally I wasn’t using a vertex array object.

Are you using glut to display the teapot? This is problably using non-core functions

I am trying local debugging. My expectation was that with parallel nsight’s 3.0 release candidate, i could debug locally with code that was GLSL version 3.3 (as one wouldn’t have to update all the code to be 4.2 compliant because of backward compatibility). Otherwise, it will be a real pain to change bigger projects to use release candidate 3.0 because they are littered with older GLSL code and perhaps even depreciated glBegin//glEnd (in my current test code, i have no glBegin/glEnd but in the larger project that I will be using Parallel Nsight 3.0 as a debugger , there will be glBegin/glEnd).