Can't compile samples with CUDA5.5 with VS2012 express: error MSB4062

When I load either an individual project or all of them, update them when given the option, and then try to build x64 I get an error:

error MSB4062: The "Nvda.Build.CudaTasks.SanitizePaths" task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\v110\BuildCustomizations\Nvda.Build.CudaTasks.v5.5.dll. Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Build.Utilities.v3.5, Version=3.5.0.0,

Am I right in thinking that Nvda.Build.CudaTasks.v5.5.dll specifies Microsoft.Build.Utilities.v3.5?
VS2012 Express uses v4.0. The file “CUDA 5.5.targets” does seem to point to that version for comipling and linking

<UsingTask TaskName="CudaCompile" TaskFactory="XamlTaskFactory" AssemblyName="Microsoft.Build.Tasks.v4.0">
        <Task>$(CudaBuildRulesPath)</Task>
    </UsingTask>

<UsingTask TaskName="CudaLink" TaskFactory="XamlTaskFactory" AssemblyName="Microsoft.Build.Tasks.v4.0">
        <Task>$(CudaBuildRulesPath)</Task>
    </UsingTask>

Any ideas what I need to do to be able to compile?
Thanks

I’ve posted in a few similar threads already – basically you can install the SDK components that allow 64-bit compilation using VC Express, but it’s painful to set up right. The easier choice is to download VS Professional 2012 from http://www.dreamspark.com if you are an educational user, and install CUDA afterwards to make sure the templates get copied to the right locations.

I am a hobbyist so cannot get the full version.

The issue seems to the Nvidia dll (Nvda.Build.CudaTasks.v5.5.dll) pointing at a previous MS Make. Surely changing to the professional version won’t change the Nvidia dll.

Please woudl you point me previous posts that explain what has to be done for VS Express.
Thanks