HDMI-CEC Support?
Do you plan to support HDMI-CEC in the future? If yes, is there a planed date? Thanks a lot BGraaf
Do you plan to support HDMI-CEC in the future?
If yes, is there a planed date?

Thanks a lot
BGraaf

Posted 11/18/2013 06:55 AM   
We don't have any plan to support it.
We don't have any plan to support it.

Thanks,
Sandip.

Posted 11/21/2013 06:15 AM   
Check here for an alternative: [url]http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/products/104-usb-hdmi-cec-adapter.aspx[/url]

Posted 11/22/2013 05:49 PM   
Hi libgradev, I know, but I'm searching for 'no additional hardware' on top of the graphic-card. I will have a look at the intel products.
Hi libgradev,

I know, but I'm searching for 'no additional hardware' on top of the graphic-card. I will have a look at the intel products.

Posted 11/26/2013 07:55 AM   
I'm resurrecting this thread hoping to hear that things have changed. There has been a lot of commits lately to add HDMI-CEC framework & support to the linux kernel. Since HDMI-CEC is a wanted feature, linux support finally being pushed through, has Nvidia changed their position on this at all? If not, would you please at least reconsider? Like BGraaf, I'm not interested in buying additional hardware - especially when it shouldn't be necessary. I'd like to remain an Nvidia customer but not at the expense of preventing modernization (and convenience) of my setups. Fingers crossed Nvidia replies with a good answer!
I'm resurrecting this thread hoping to hear that things have changed. There has been a lot of commits lately to add HDMI-CEC framework & support to the linux kernel. Since HDMI-CEC is a wanted feature, linux support finally being pushed through, has Nvidia changed their position on this at all? If not, would you please at least reconsider?

Like BGraaf, I'm not interested in buying additional hardware - especially when it shouldn't be necessary. I'd like to remain an Nvidia customer but not at the expense of preventing modernization (and convenience) of my setups. Fingers crossed Nvidia replies with a good answer!

Posted 09/07/2015 02:26 PM   
I would be interested, too.
I would be interested, too.

Posted 09/09/2015 06:22 AM   
A week and no reply .. that doesn't bode well. Maybe we need more people registering on this forum and voicing their desire for this feature. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, but only when it's squeaking where the right people can hear it. :\ I'll give it a little longer and see if we get a response. Otherwise the silence will be making my purchasing decision for me when I replace all my htpcs in a couple months.
A week and no reply .. that doesn't bode well. Maybe we need more people registering on this forum and voicing their desire for this feature. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, but only when it's squeaking where the right people can hear it. :\

I'll give it a little longer and see if we get a response. Otherwise the silence will be making my purchasing decision for me when I replace all my htpcs in a couple months.

Posted 09/13/2015 07:14 PM   
+1 Currently my $300 nvidia graphics card is not as useful as a $30 raspberry pi. Please add CEC support.
+1 Currently my $300 nvidia graphics card is not as useful as a $30 raspberry pi. Please add CEC support.

Posted 09/16/2015 10:23 PM   
Also. I'm actually trying to use this on windows. It doesn't work there either.
Also. I'm actually trying to use this on windows. It doesn't work there either.

Posted 09/16/2015 10:24 PM   
CEC support is useful today , when we see how much nvidia user are using an LCD , PLASMA TV connected to their NVIDIA cards . Yes it will be friendly , when CEC will supported . I hope NVIDIA will do this feature , if there is no complication with reprogramming the firmware . The Probleme is : changing a big part of API of NVIDIA , that can cause recklocking issues and may be burning the stream processors .
CEC support is useful today , when we see how much nvidia user are using an LCD , PLASMA TV connected to their NVIDIA cards . Yes it will be friendly , when CEC will supported . I hope NVIDIA will do this feature , if there is no complication with reprogramming the firmware . The Probleme is : changing a big part of API of NVIDIA , that can cause recklocking issues and may be burning the stream processors .

Posted 09/17/2015 12:11 AM   
[quote="Mounir"]The Probleme is : changing a big part of API of NVIDIA , that can cause recklocking issues and may be burning the stream processors.[/quote] Where in the world did you hear that adding hdmi-cec support would require big changes to the api? And also the bit about burning stream processors?! There's absolutely no reason for either of those to be true!
Mounir said:The Probleme is : changing a big part of API of NVIDIA , that can cause recklocking issues and may be burning the stream processors.

Where in the world did you hear that adding hdmi-cec support would require big changes to the api? And also the bit about burning stream processors?! There's absolutely no reason for either of those to be true!

Posted 09/17/2015 02:20 AM   
CEC is supported on Tegra but when I looked into it a while back, I found that it was not possible to support it on desktop GPUs. I'll have to check tomorrow to see if the situation has changed with more modern GPUs.
CEC is supported on Tegra but when I looked into it a while back, I found that it was not possible to support it on desktop GPUs. I'll have to check tomorrow to see if the situation has changed with more modern GPUs.

Aaron Plattner
NVIDIA Linux Graphics

Posted 09/18/2015 02:02 AM   
Any news on that aplattner? Thanks
Any news on that aplattner?

Thanks

Posted 10/12/2015 05:59 PM   
I managed to confirm that CEC is still not supported on desktop GPU boards.
I managed to confirm that CEC is still not supported on desktop GPU boards.

Aaron Plattner
NVIDIA Linux Graphics

Posted 10/12/2015 09:05 PM   
That's really disappointing to hear but it's helpful to know. Thanks for looking into it!
That's really disappointing to hear but it's helpful to know. Thanks for looking into it!

Posted 10/12/2015 09:11 PM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply