nvidia-installer (331.20) deletes (silently) /usr/lib/libEGL.la
Hello, I installed 331.20 on Slackware 14.1 (32-bit), and found the following warnings in /var/log/nvidia-installer.log : [quote] WARNING: Unable to determine the architecture of the file '/usr/X11R6/lib/libEGL.la', which has an architecture-specific conflict. WARNING: Unable to determine the architecture of the file '/usr/lib/libEGL.la', which has an architecture-specific conflict. WARNING: Unable to determine the architecture of the file '/usr/lib/libEGL.la', which has an architecture-specific conflict. WARNING: Unable to determine the architecture of the file '/usr/lib/libEGL.la', which has an architecture-specific conflict. [/quote] Furthermore, I noticed the installer silently removes the file /usr/lib/libEGL.la, which comes from the package mesa (i.e 9.1.7) [u]Note[/u]: 319.76 does not emit those warnings, and does not delete the file /usr/lib/libEGL.la Is this supposed to be normal, or is there something wrong here ? Thanks. -- SeB
Hello,

I installed 331.20 on Slackware 14.1 (32-bit), and found the following warnings in /var/log/nvidia-installer.log :

WARNING: Unable to determine the architecture of the file '/usr/X11R6/lib/libEGL.la', which has an architecture-specific conflict.
WARNING: Unable to determine the architecture of the file '/usr/lib/libEGL.la', which has an architecture-specific conflict.
WARNING: Unable to determine the architecture of the file '/usr/lib/libEGL.la', which has an architecture-specific conflict.

Furthermore, I noticed the installer silently removes the file /usr/lib/libEGL.la, which comes from the package mesa (i.e 9.1.7)

Note: 319.76 does not emit those warnings, and does not delete the file /usr/lib/libEGL.la

Is this supposed to be normal, or is there something wrong here ?

Thanks.

--
SeB

Posted 01/07/2014 06:50 PM   
Same thing on LFS. Now I cannot build software: [code]libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libEGL.la' or unhandled argument `/usr/lib/libEGL.la' [/code] Any one solve this problem?
Same thing on LFS.
Now I cannot build software:

libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libEGL.la' or unhandled argument `/usr/lib/libEGL.la'

Any one solve this problem?

Posted 02/06/2014 03:46 PM   
Considering it has always replaced mesa's libGL as well, I'd guess it's normal.
Considering it has always replaced mesa's libGL as well, I'd guess it's normal.

Posted 02/06/2014 04:38 PM   
No, it is NOT normal, because you can not build anything with GUI!
No, it is NOT normal, because you can not build anything with GUI!

Posted 02/07/2014 04:15 PM   
[quote="skvitek"]Same thing on LFS. Now I cannot build software: [code]libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libEGL.la' or unhandled argument `/usr/lib/libEGL.la' [/code] Any one solve this problem?[/quote] the nvidia-installer backups some files (including libEGL.la) in [b]/var/lib/nvidia[/b]. In this directory you will find the backups named using numbers (100,101,102,...) and a logfile named [b]log[/b] that will tell you which of backups is libEGL.la : [code] $ grep "libEGL.la" /var/lib/nvidia/log 102: /usr/X11R6/lib/libEGL.la [/code] I guess you can try to restore the libEGL.la and check if that solves your problem. -- SeB
skvitek said:Same thing on LFS.
Now I cannot build software:

libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libEGL.la' or unhandled argument `/usr/lib/libEGL.la'

Any one solve this problem?

the nvidia-installer backups some files (including libEGL.la) in /var/lib/nvidia. In this directory you will find the backups named using numbers (100,101,102,...) and a logfile named log that will tell you which of backups is libEGL.la :

$ grep "libEGL.la" /var/lib/nvidia/log 
102: /usr/X11R6/lib/libEGL.la

I guess you can try to restore the libEGL.la and check if that solves your problem.

--
SeB

Posted 02/07/2014 06:23 PM   
Yes, I solve by similar way - by extracting needed file from mesa package.
Yes, I solve by similar way - by extracting needed file from mesa package.

Posted 02/08/2014 07:52 PM   
Scroll To Top