FEATURE_BLUETOOTH_LE not supported on TegraNote-P1640, Android 4.3

We bought the TegraNote as a test platform for some Bluetooth LE development work we are doing. We checked specs and saw BLE was available, we upgraded the OS to 4.3, build number JSS15J.12787_292.3379.

The code we are running probes to see if BLE is supported and it IS NOT.

boolean hasBle = mParent.getPackageManager().hasSystemFeature(PackageManager.FEATURE_BLUETOOTH_LE);

THe code also probes to see if Bluetooth is enabled successfully. The code finds BLE on another device.

So, has anyone crossed this bridge and used BLE on this device? Any ideas on how to proceed?

I bought the EVGA Tegra Note 7 for the same reason and now I have the same problem. I have tested two apps in addition to my own code and they won’t work. Standard Bluetooth works, but not Bluetooth LE. I have upgraded to the latest Anrdoid version (Kit Kat), so both the OS and the device SHOULD support BLE.

If anyone finds a solution, please let me know…

I filed a support request and this is a known issue. A patch is forthcoming, though it is unclear when it will be released.

Is this issue solved? Or is BLE still not available on the Tegra Note 7?

I’ve never had BLE working on my Tegra Note 7 until this evening but I’ve just had some intermittent success. I installed BLE Checker and BlueScan from the google play store. BLE Checker showed BLE is supported, following this I was able to detect my fitbit and HC-06 device using BlueScan. I was then able to detect and pair with the HC-06 in the Bluetooth pairing menu. Turning the Bluetooth off and on via the pairing menu ment I was then unable to communicate with the Bluetooth low energy devices. In order to regain the BLE connectivity I had to turn Bluetooth off and “allow” the BLE Checker to turn it on. Now BLE works as long as I use the BLE Checker to turn Bluetooth on (BLE Checker app can then be closed without losing BLE connectivity). This is more of a work around than solving the issue but hope this helps others.