How to use Nsight HUD to profile 3DMark11 (Or 3DMark Vantage)

Hi,
When I start debugging graphics application in Visual Studio, Nsight HUD works well on Microsoft SDK Sample(For example: BasicHLSL11.exe) and the target computer will begin running the application. I will notice several performance graphs and a HUD toolbar overlaid on top of the application.
But I find that Nsight can’t work on 3DMark11.exe, So I want to know How to profile 3DMark11 with Nsight HUD?
Thanks.

Hi,

what do you mean by “Nsight can’t work on 3DMark11.exe”?

It’s Not launching up in the latest version also. I am using Nsight Visual Studio 4.1 and trying to launch an application using Graphics Debugger (3DMark/3Dmark11) but unable to do so!
The aim is to analyze certain interesting frames

Hi,

3DMark Vantage is for D3D10, that is not support by Nsight now. but you should also can launch it without see the HUD.

3DMark 11 is for D3D11, that is support by Nsight. Could you describe your issue more, how you config your project? how you launch the 3DMark? do you see any log or some sshot?

Detail information can help us solve your issue.

Thanks
An

3DMark11 is not launching. See my screenshots. I need to capture 3dmark11 and 3dmark trace and playback that on nsight to capture frames for my research work. Please let me know if I am doing something incorrectly here

Here Issue3 shows the pop up error that comes up when attempting to launch 3dmark11

Hi shabby26,

I am not sure about 3DMark11’s launch logic, but from your sshot, it looks like a multi-process app [3DMark11Cmd looks like a launcher to start new processes]. please try this:

• choose ‘Trace Process Tree’
  • check ‘System’ check box

This will allow Nsight to capture the sub processes.

By the way, I have to say the sshot just show you are suing Nsight’s Analysis feature, but not Nsight’s Graphics Debug feature.

Thanks
An

This also did not work. I tried Trace Process Tree and Checked System. See screenshot

Hi shabby26,

I notice you are using GM204, that is not support in your Nsight 4.1, it will be support in the next version.

Thanks
An

Hi shabby26,

I am not sure about your actually version of Nsight 4.1 (maybe old Nsight 4.1), but maybe you can try to download the latest Nsight 4.1, which should support GM204.

Thanks
An