Quadro K2100M and Nsight 4.0

I am trying to get Cuda SDK and Parallel Nsight up and running on my new Thinkpad W540 (with Windows 8.1 and CUDA SDK 6.0). It has a Quadro K2100M, which I beleive is fairly new, and Nsight monitor reports an error: “A CUDA context was created on a GPU that is not currently debuggable.” when I try do debug the Nsight demo projects. Could this error mean that Quadro K2100M is not yet supported by Nsight?

Hi,

You are most likely running into the issue that your laptop has a “MSHybrid” setup, and Nsight 4.0 RC1 does not support that setup. It is not easy to find out which setup you have, but the fact that you are running Win8.1 and the error message gives me the hint.

Starting with Nsight 4.0 RC2 (which we plan to ship very shortly), we will support MSHybrid and your scenario should work just fine.

Please let me know if you have any issues with this when RC2 is out.
Thanks

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad W540, which has NVidia Optimus supporting both NVIDIA Quadro K2100M (discrete graphics), and Intel HD 4600 graphics (default graphics). According to https://developer.nvidia.com/nsight-visual-studio-edition-requirements this should be a supported configuration for CUDA Debugger and Analyzer.

We will eagerly await the RC2 release.

Thanks,
Thomas

Hello Thomas,

RC2 is now out, are you able to work OK?
Thanks

Yes, it seems to work now. I installed the 334.95 drivers and NSight 4.0 RC2.

Thanks,
Thomas