CUDA 6.0 and real time Linux

I’m trying to use CUDA 6.0 on RHEL 6.5, and I’d like to use the RT_PREEMPT patches. Unfortunately, RHEL 6.5 uses the 2.6.32 kernel, for which there are not RT patches available. If I try to mix/match versions of the kernel, either CUDA or RHEL 6.5 has problems booting.

The quick questions is: has anyone gotten Red Hat (or CentOS, or Scientific Linix, or…) to work with the RT_PREEMPT patches in a CUDA install, and if so, can you tell me which kernel you used and any tricks you needed to do to get the NVIDIA graphics driver from the CUDA install to work with it?

Most of the discussion on this I find is years old, and I’m sure people must be trying to do this with the newest CUDA and the newest RHEL (even if that kernel is 4 years old).

Hello,
I’m trying to use CUDA 7.0 on RHEL 6.6 wicth have the 2.6.32 kernel. to use the RT_PREEMPT patches, I have updated my kernel to 03.10.58 and it work good.

Can you tell me why do you had make installation of CUDA in your RT-Kernel?

For weeks now I try to make CUDA 7.0 work on Debian 8.1 with a 3.18.13-rt10-2 kernel… Personally I see no way for me to achieve this goal in the near future :(

The Toolkit and stuff was no problem but the display-driver seems to be really anti-PREEMPT_RT!