Jetson tk1: add web browser flash support for the Chromium Browser

Just copied the pepper flash libs from the Archlinux armv7 distribution to /usr/lib and
added these flags to the file:
/etc/chromium-browser/default
CHROMIUM_FLAGS=“–ppapi-flash-path=/usr/lib/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so”

If you follow this example you may need to create the directory PepperFlash:
sudo mkdir /usr/lib/PepperFlash/
and then copy the file libpepflashplayer.so there.

Then I installed the “Magic actions for Youtube” extension in Chromium and forced the use of flash for video playback.

Result:
Flash video (Youtube and others) works nice in Chromium, also Flash games are working now.

Currently I can not find the chromium pepper flash package in the Ubuntu 14.04 armhf package archives, why is this missing ?

You can find the lib file here:

Peter Bauer

Thanks for the armhf packages i could’nt find them anywere else

You can do the steps listed above, or you can use a small script I wrote that will automatically download chromium and the flash libs needed and install it all for you. I use it to quickly get the flash player working again everytime I completely flash my board. You can download it at the link below,

Hope it helps!

Thank you for writing the script.
I already wrote a bug report, hopefully your script will be
redundant in some months.

Hey no problem. Thank you for filing that bug report. I just got tried of having to perform the same steps every time I wanted to flash my board. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

I copied libpepflashplayer.so and all of the other files you linked to to /usr/lib/PepperFlash/, and added the flag to /etc/chromium-browser/default, but when I try to use Flash in Chromium, it tells me that “Shockwave Flash has crashed.” This appears immediately after loading a Flash-enabled page.