PhysX - Visual Studio 2013

Hello. Is there a version of PhysX which can be used with Visual Studio 2013 update 3 ?

Hi

I also use VS2013 with Update 3 and it works. I’m using the latest version, 3.3.1.

Version 3.3.2 should work as well.

Version 3.3.2 is missing vc12 libraries, so it will not build with VS 2013 Express, are you guys going to release vc12 libs for 3.3.2?

3.3.1 works fine because it doesn’t seem to rely on any specific vc libs.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the answer in another thread, need to build PhysX3Extensions lib myself from source that is included.

Edit2: Nevermind again, there’s no source for PxTask for some reason. Please put up libraries for vc12.

Hi, I also would like to have vc12 support for PhysX 3.3.2

Edit: My only problem is also PxTask.

What error is it giving you, exactly? We have no problem linking applications using VS2013 with the libraries built using VS2012. We are working on VS2013 support for 3.3.3.

–Mike

Hi, here you go :

PxTask.lib(CudaWrapper.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for ‘_MSC_VER’: value ‘1700’ doesn’t match value ‘1800’ in animationHandler.obj
2>PxTask.lib(CudaWrapper.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for ‘RuntimeLibrary’: value ‘MT_StaticRelease’ doesn’t match value ‘MD_DynamicRelease’ in animationHandler.obj
2>PxTask.lib(CudaWrapperWindows.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for ‘_MSC_VER’: value ‘1700’ doesn’t match value ‘1800’ in animationHandler.obj
2>PxTask.lib(CudaWrapperWindows.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for ‘RuntimeLibrary’: value ‘MT_StaticRelease’ doesn’t match value ‘MD_DynamicRelease’ in animationHandler.obj

I could live live with ‘MT_StaticRelease’ , but I need _MSC_VER

I see. So, the problem isn’t just VS2013, the problem is that you are linking to an application that uses a different C-runtime flavor than PhysX was compiled against. Please send an inquiry to physxlicensing@nvidia.com, and include a link to this issue. I’ll sort out a build for you.

Hi there,
I have the same problem with the Visual Debugger (PhysXVisualDebuggerSDKDEBUG.lib(PvdNetworkStreams.obj)) : error LNK2038: error LNK2038: mismatch detected for ‘_MSC_VER’: value ‘1700’ doesn’t match value ‘1800’

I was using PhysX 3.3.0 and wanted to try this new 3.3.2.

I managed to recompile the other libs, thanks to the source code provided, because they gave me the same error message (PhysXCharacterKinematic, PhysXExtensions, PhysXVehicle)
But there is no source for the visual debugger.

Could you tell me what would be the solution ?
Cheers

Here is an FTP where you can download 3.3.2 libs rebuilt for VS2013.

Your credentials:

Username: XIPQKSKNXS
Password: JF3fTtFR

Download URL:
https://ftpservices.nvidia.com

The login above will expire on 11/20/2014 12:00:00 AM

Hi.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Unfortunately there is a huge problem.
When I used the PhysX 3.3.0 version it was compiled against MT runtimes.
At that time I was forced to recompile all my project with theses specifications. And it took me many many days to do so because my project is 13 years old now and has so many dependencies.

Now This version is compiled against the MD runtimes.
I am so worried that I may have to take again so many days to switch back to what my project was before (with MD compiler option).

Do you have a solution to my problem ?
Why did you have to change from MT to MD ? Is this supposed to happen frequently in further releases so I have to prepare 2 versions of my entire project ?

Best regards

Hi Ceydric,

I will build with MT and re-post for you as soon as I can. I believe we switched from MT to MD by popular request. We are working on a plan to eliminate this sort of problem in the future, hopefully it will appear with PhysX-3.3.3 when it is released next GDC.

–Mike

I am uploading to the following FTP, please wait about 15 minutes from the time of this post before attempting to download it:

Your credentials:

Username: VPESQCHISB
Password: Au4n5QH5

Download URL:

The login above will expire on 11/27/2014 12:00:00 AM

This message was sent using Globalscape® Secure Ad Hoc Transfer system

Thank you very much Mike !
Now it works like a charm. I’ve finally been able to update my app to use these new 3.3.2 physX libs.
Great.

Have a nice day !

Ceydric

Hi Mike,
I am new to Physx 3.3.2 and I am using visual studio 2013 update 4. I have tried to rebuild the libs and I have the problem with the Visual Debugger (PhysXVisualDebuggerSDKDEBUG.lib(PvdNetworkStreams.obj)): error LNK2038: mismatch detected for ‘_MSC_VER’: value ‘1700’ doesn’t match value ‘1800’.

So I am wondering if I can get the libs from your ftp, both MT and MD ones are needed.

Thank you so much!

Best.

Hello,
I am also using Visual Studio 2013 Update 4 and PhysX 3.3.2, could we get access to the FTP server to download the libraries.

Thank you very much!

Hello, I have the same problem: PhysX 3.3.2.
Can’t link using Visual Studio 2013.
Hope to get a solution soon!

Your credentials:

Username: ETRUAPNYBD
Password: (HPpjc4h

Download URL:

The login above will expire on 12/11/2014 12:00:00 AM

Hello, I replaced olds with your modified lib and bin and that solved some issues on my VS2013express/physx3.3.2, but there are still some;
“d3dx9.h no such file” and “d3dx11tex.h no such file” and “cannot open ----\SamplePlatform-MTDEBUG.lib”
Please advice.

Thanks
Carl

That sounds like a problem with building the Sample applications in debug mode. Have you tried building CHECKED, RELEASE or PROFILE configurations? Also, you will need to install the DXSDK and point the sample application to it. We stopped including the DX files to reduce the download size. I think the June 2010 DXSDK should work fine.