Jetson TK1: Override existing power button

I want to have my Jetson TK1 development board enclosed in a box without access to the on-board power button. Is there a way to override it and have a button on the chassis of the box? (Without having to (un)solder any components on the board!)

Yes.

So this is the board, right?
The one labeled ‘Front Panel’

So just get a momentary switch and hook it up to this header (pins 6 and 8 specifically)

Thanks a lot! Here’s the result: My Jetson TK1 in a box with a tailored aluminum front panel and the power switch on top.

Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzykzUSIIAAQ7GW.jpg

Hi Chung, that’s a nice box that you’ve made. I noticed you are using a small LCD display. Could you share what LCD display that is and how successful you were at using it. Thank you.

"Is there a way to override it and have a button on the chassis of the box? (Without having to (un)solder any components on the board!) "

Yes. In the DeviceTree, there is an entry for linking the power button GPIO to a power on/off.
Just change this DT definition to the one you are using for your button (it must be attached to the GPIO lines obviously).

The header near the serial console D-sub connector which has color coding is a front panel header you can use just like the similar header on a desktop motherboard, e.g., with a power and reset button and I think also drive activity.