Is Nexus 9 Denver Tegra K1 a real Tegra K1?

I thought Tegra K1 is supposed to have GL 4.4 and Cuda? Like the Shield Tablet and Xaiomi MiPad? The Nexus 9 is advertised as…
Processor
CPU: 64-bit NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor 2.3 GHz
GPU: 192-core Kepler

Nvidia advertises…
THE MOST ADVANCED MOBILE GRAPHICS
Tegra K1 is built on the same NVIDIA Kepler™ architecture that drives the world’s most extreme gaming PCs and the fastest supercomputer in the United States. This is the first-ever console-class mobile technology, giving you full support for PC-class gaming technologies like DirectX 11, OpenGL 4.4, and Tessellation—all in the palm of your hands. Plus, it’s the first mobile processor to run Unreal Engine 4, Epic’s latest game engine for powering next-gen games.

And this from nvidia as well…
Google has added plenty of power under the hood. For starters, Lollipop is all about 64-bit hardware, as the OS is optimized from the ground-up to support the architecture. But it gets better, as the Android Extension Pack (AEP) is one of the most important performance changes to Android in years. Android devices now have access to PC-class graphics APIs. This is something Google partnered with chipmakers on—NVIDIA included—to ensure that OpenGL ES and the rest of its AEP was up to snuff. The end result? Games like Portal and Half-Life 2: Episode One, and tech demos like Epic’s Unreal Engine 4 “Rivalry” run-through have never looked better, or been more portable.

So why is the Nexus 9 missing all these EGL extensions?

Is this going to be corrected and updated ever? Or should I give up on the Nexus 9?

I was disappointed by the old Nexus 7. Now I’ve been disappointed by the Nexus 9. Like TechieDJ, I too am angry. Don’t know if I can still return my tablet though…

Is there any hope? Will I ever get to run a CUDA kernel on my Nexus 9?

Why hasn’t anyone from NVIDIA commented on this? Did they just release a chip for a single device and noone ever bothered to make drivers for it?

Hello, Users

Nexus 9 is a Google device, it controls the whole software stack on it. It’s google’s decision not to ship with CUDA and full GL(ES) support. Google tries to sell RenderScript and AEP, and NVIDIA chip does provide great support for them too.

Shield Tablet 8 is NVIDIA device, it’s a good choice if you want CUDA support and more GLES extensions.

Thanks