Error when changing build configuration for a single file

nsight 6.5, CUDA C/C++ project with auto-generated makefile

When changing any build setting on single file, following error shows up:

Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'CDT Builder' on project 'LAS'.
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.internal.core.ResourceConfiguration cannot be cast to org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.IToolChain

Changing settings on folders or whole project works just fine.

1 Like

NSight 8.0, CUDA C/C++ project with auto-generated makefile,
Ubuntu 16.04

exact same issue, actually your description of the problem helped me solve mine, by just changing the project settings.

Hi,
I am stucked with the same problem. I need to change build settings of a single file in a nsight auto-generated make file project. Do you have any suggstions? BTW I am working with a Jetson TX1, toolkit 8.0

Hi,

We can reproduce this issue.
The workaround is to override the project settings for a folder than to a single file.

1. Create a new source folder and move the file to that folder.
  2. Right click on the source folder and change the build settings from properties page.
  3. Rebuild the project.

And this issue does not exist when using NsightEE plugins which is new included in CUDA 9.0

This problem still exist in Nsight Eclipse Edition 10.2. Sigh…

I am stucked with the same problem. I want to change construct settings of a unmarried document in a nsight car-generated make record challenge. Do you’ve got any suggstions? BTW I am operating with a Jetson TX1, toolkit eight.Zero as any more DMCA

Hi, @saadseo97

This is an very old topic. Note Nsight Eclipse Edition has been dropped for a period. Now NsightEE Plugin is provided.

As you are using the CUDA 8.0, can you please refer to Error when changing build configuration for a single file - #4 by veraj

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.