NSIGHT crashes (R6025 error).

Hi guys, I’ve a big problem with NVIDIA NSIGHT: it crashes every time I try to debug my DX11 application, getting a “R6025 pure virtual function call” ( but I don’t call or have any abstract/derived class).
I’ve tried to debug other applications and the issue persists. So I tried to re-install VS (with just update 3 or 4, or 5 CPT) but nothing. I tried to repair VS, but nothing again. I thought it was a driver issue, so I rolled back to a previous driver, but nothing again… I can’t figure out what would be the source of the issue.

Thanks in advance for your support.

P.S. I tried to debug with VS Graphics Debugger , but it crashes throwing an exception (Access violation). This only on my main rig, indeed on my laptop I don’t get any trouble…

GPU : NVIDIA GTX 560 TI ( driver : 347.52)
IDE : VS 2013 UPDATE 4
//EDIT//
NSIGHT v4.5

Hi nexusj,

It’s hard to say why, any chance I can have your sample in hand and do some repro and investigation?

Thanks
An

Hi AYan,

You can find the sample here : LINK

I hope it will be helpful for you.

Thanks.

P.S. If you’d like, I can provide you a crash dump file generated by VS.

Hi nexusj,

Your sample works great here, I can see the triangle in the center of window, and Nsight show no crash. Are you using the latest Nsight? we just have a new version some weeks ago.

Thanks
An

Hi An,

I’m actually using NSIGHT 4.5.0.15036 64-bit version.
I forgot to mention that I got an 0xc0000005 exception when swapping the buffers (IDXGISwapChain::Present method) with VS graphics debugger.

Thanks.

Hi,

That’s weird, I use almost the same configuration as yours, see no exception or failure. Are you start Nsight Monitor and Visual studio all in Admin privilege? Just reboot and take a try on all admin right, check whether the crash happens or not.

Thanks
An

Hi nexusj,

I tested your sample too.
In my setup, NSight said: “NSight is not compatible with the D3D debug runtime.” but it didn’t crash and all
features kept working.

I’m not sure if this will solve your problem but it is a simple attempt:
The value of the fourth parameter of your D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain function is D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_DEBUG. Try to replace it with 0 (zero).

Rodrigo

Hi,

‘Nsight is not compatible with the D3D debug runtime’ is just expected if you use D3D debug runtime.

Thanks
An

Null

Null

Null

Hi,

seems something wrong on the submit logic, some post on other thread went here, please ignore and I already delete them.

Back to the topic, Nsight don’t support debug runtime and it will prompt that warning, but will not block your debug against debug runtime sample and we recommend to use release runtime though.

Thanks
An