DX11 + GL4.3 - Interop2 extension support [NSight]

Hi everyone,

I’m implementing an application that requires the usage of the NV_DX_interop2 extension to deal with the DirectX <–> OpenGL interoperability. My application is DX-based (99.99% of the scene objects are rendered by the DX11) but I have only one scene object that is loaded/rendered by an OpenGL 3rd party library. Is it real life? Unfortunately, yes.

So, I have wrote the source code in a such way that is possible to select the rendering API that I want to use for rendering: RENDERING_API_DX, RENDERING_API_GL and RENDERING_API_INTEROP. When I use only DX or only GL, the NSight works like a charm (I can debug the shaders, I can use the frame profiler, everything) because I’m using only supported functions by the NSight 4.5 (i.e. DX11 functions and GL4.3 core profile functions).
However, when I use INTEROP, the NSight shows me an (in)compatibility log due the fact that I’m using interop2 functions:

wglDXOpenDeviceNV
wglDXRegisterObjectNV
wglDXUnregisterObjectNV
wglDXCloseDeviceNV
wglDXLockObjectsNV
wglDXUnlockObjectsNV

My question is: Is there any possibility to NSight add support to the NV_DX_interop2 extension?
A workaround or an official solution?

Thank you,
Rodrigo Braga

Null

Null

Null

Hi rbragapinheiro,

The wglDX* functions you mentioned is part of WGL_NV_DX_interop/WGL_NV_DX_interop2, Nsight only support OGL 4.3 core right now. Hard to tell when/how we will support these interop APIs.

Thanks
An

Hi AYan,

I already expected that. ;)
I can imagine how difficult it should be.
Anyway, thank you for your help.

Rodrigo