Nvidia Tesla P797 HIC + Quadro Plex S4 Unit

Hello ALL!
I bought Nvidia Quadro Plex 2200 S4 External Graphics Processing Unit , but it comes without PCIe Host card and cable …
Is it okay to use Nvidia Tesla P797 HIC host card and its cable with my Nvidia Quadro Plex 2200 S4 ?
Thank you

I just purchased one of these as well, I’m curious as to which interface options will be compatible.

Here it says “0.5M Quadro Plex Interconnect Cable Standard (option 2.0M cable)”

I have just done some reading in the specs on the tesla 1u system, it appears to be the same interface. I am going to order a Nvidia Tesla P797 HIC host card with cable" and I will post the results if no one has confirmed an answer yet.

Thank you.

I am wondering about the same thing, because I am planning on buying an NVIDIA Quadro Plex 2200 S4 1U server enclosure within the next month, as well as the necessary cables and PCI Express interface cards (the same ones that the OP is asking about) required to connect it to the 4U SuperMicro server I am also eventually going to purchase.

Additionally, I am also curious to know if the Quadro Plex 2200 S4, however, allows me to run or accelerate any DirectX-compatible or OpenGL-compatible applications, in SLI mode (using 2, 3, or all 4 Quadro FX 5800 GPUs) or not, while using the on-board Matrox G200eW graphics chipset as the video-output device that’s on the mainboard of the server I’m getting, since there are no video-output connectors on the Quadro Plex 2200 S4 itself.

Hi All,

I am interested in this as well, please keep this thread going.
mt1 please let us know how the parts you mentioned work with the 2200 S4 once you have a chance, thank you !

Hí!

I want to buy one of this, but the host card and cable is my problem too -if anybody know the answer what host card and cable work with each other.
Please write -it to is.

I’ve got two Tesla P797 HIC cards (using PCIe x16 slots) and cables plugged into both ports on my 2200 S4. I’m running Ubuntu, and had to downgrade the Linux x64 drivers to the 400.* family, and CUDA to 6.5.

Both cards are detected and listed when running lspci. Unfortunately, I only see 2 of the 4 GPUs (240 cores and 4GB memory). I’m not sure why I’m not seeing all 4 GPUs. I hope this is a driver issue rather than having bought a 2200 with only 2 working GPUs.

Any thoughts on how to diagnose the issue?

P.S. when using the 2200 wear ear protection and turn up your AC…!

You can use the 2200 with applications that support CUDA / OpenGL, and where you’re able to select the GPU (or multiple GPUs) to use for computation. You will not be able to render from the 2200 directly to your display. It does not appear to your OS as a Display Device and as you point out has no display output.

The above applies to Linux. I’ve no idea as to how Windows and DirectX treat the 2200.

Got myself a Quadro Plex 2200 S4 too. I also use 2 P797 x16 HICs and 2 Nvidia Tesla 0.5M cables (model: 030-0237-000 5108). Only thing I did was replace the FX5800’s with Tesla M2090’s.

All the information you need can be found on the Nvidia website/Google. Just look for the pdf named Quadro Plex S4 Visualization System (nr: DI-03770-001_v01). It also contains information about setting up on Windows XP/2003. I assume it will probably work on later Windows versions. Currently my testsetup uses CentOS 7.

Don’t expect them to run with vt-d. The HICs are probably equiped with Nvidia NF200 bridges, which iirc are not vt-d compatible (think they are the same on a HP XW9400). Haven’t tried it yet though.

@danielc_rdu: You should check nvidia-smi if you see all four cards. Otherwise try swapping cables and HICs to see if one is faulty.

And they are noisy indeed…

Hello,

I’m wondering, is there any chance to replace FX5800 with GTX Titan for GPU rendering?
Maybe someone has some experience?

Thank you.

I have two different cards (host),…have cabling,…and have a Tesla 4x unit and a Quadro FX5800 x4 unit…seems with Tesla it works…but with Quadro it’s having a hard time…not sure of fix. Please keep thread going. Thank you.

I just graduate from college and bought a Nvidia Quadro Plex 2200 S4 External Graphics Processing Unit for rendering animation. I have a Dell T7500, windows 7, and 797 HIC cards that can with cables. When I install the nvidia drivers it doesn’t seem to see the unit. Do you have any suggestions?

Which NVIDIA driver did you install?

Hello,

Thanks for responding. I have been trying numerous methods to troubleshoot but nothing seems to work. I have installed numerous Nvida drivers including the most recent 331.40 and 331.82 drivers, it recognizes my display monitor video card ‘Quadro 4000’, but the s4 unit still does not show up.

Do you have any suggestions?

Would this card: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231756660694?euid=63eedbb53a9a43028fb8831c3e17c837&cp=1&exe=13453&ext=34391&sojTags=exe=exe,ext=ext work with the NVIDIA Quadro plex 2200 S4 External Graphics Processing Unit?

I am also curious to know the progress with T7500. I just cancelled my order after reading the problems with T7500 but will be interested.

Hey, this is the card I am using as well.
Does anyone know if driver you would need to download for the Nvidia Tesla PCIe x8 HIC Host Interface Card to install correctly?