Jetson TK1, BOM empty components

I’m recreating the TK1 design and plan to build slightly different board, but the BOM does not include the component information for the “EMPTY” parts.

Does anyone have the component part number and manufacturer information for the “EMPTY” parts in the schematic?

Many of those “EMPTY” components could be useful in a design.

Hi Patrick15,

There are part numbers shown in the schematic for active EMPTY parts ex) IC as well as value, size, tolerance, voltage shown for passive EMPTY parts ex) resistor, capacitor

This should get you started.

Can you give me some idea of how much it will cost to make a board based on the Jetson TK1 reference design? Would it be half the consumer cost of $192 – Just something rough.

Hi Patrick15,

Here is the the parts w/o part numbers shown in the schematic.

Ref. No
Manufacturer
Manufacturer Part number

CR1E1 CR2C1
Semtech, Inc.
RCLAMP3654PA

L8B1
Mag .Layers Scientific-Technics Co.,Ltd.
GMLB-100505-0030P-N8

J7B1
Aces Electric Co.,Ltd.
50505-02441-001

CR7B1 CR8B2
Semtech, Inc.
RCLAMP0504PATCT

RT5D1 (either TDK or Murata is fine)
TDK
NTCG103JF103FT

Murata
NCP15XH103F03RC

No, it would be 4-8x more than $192, especially for a one-off and assuming you don’t screw up the design on first try.

prototype 6Layer PCB + components in single qtys + stencil + double-sided assembly, there’s no way in hell you can do a one-off for “Half of the consumer cost”.

Can I incorporate the jetson tk1 purchased as a consumer product into a product design?

That probably has more to do with your product than anything else. If the Jetson TK1 Dev Kit as delivered meets your needs designed into your product, then it might make sense. Typically people who develop boards based on the reference design have different requirements than what the Dev Kit delivers, typically different I/O or form factor.