Problem building samples in Visual Studio

I have just installed the CUDA Toolkit with Visual Studio integrations on a Windows 8 machine. When I try to compile the samples many of them fail with errors like

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'helper_functions.h': No such file or directory

The problem seems to be that the current directory during a build is not the usual $(ProjectDir) but instead is the user’s Documents directory. Because many paths in the project properties are defined relative to $(ProjectDir), they fail to get resolved.

Can anyone suggest how I can fix this?

[SOLVED] This turned out to be pretty obscure. I found the answer here.

For some reason my Windows command prompt (cmd dot exe) was set up so that it would start up in C:\Users\MyName\Documents. I think I did that in a moment of being a little too clever. Anyway, that added a registry entry that causes Visual Studio to switch to that directory during the build, overwriting the default location of $(ProjectDir).

To fix it, I deleted this registry entry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor]
AutoRun=...

Hello,

I have a cuda code with “#include<cutil.h>” that I need to compile it in MEX file.

I installed cuda 6.5, cudatoolkit_4.0_Win_[64] and gpucomputingsdk_4.0_Win_[64]. To compile cutil library I needed Visual Studio 2008. After this the Mex function on Matlab doesn’t run I have this error: “No supported compiler or SDK was found”.

Knowing that with cuda6.5 and Visual Studio 2013 I run the mexGPUExample.cu.

I hope that someone can help me.
Thanks.

Mouna

Hello,

I have a cuda code with “#include<cutil.h>” that I need to compile it in MEX file.

I installed cuda 6.5, cudatoolkit_4.0_Win_[64] and gpucomputingsdk_4.0_Win_[64]. To compile cutil library I needed Visual Studio 2008. After this the Mex function on Matlab doesn’t run I have this error: “No supported compiler or SDK was found”.

Knowing that with cuda6.5 and Visual Studio 2013 I run the mexGPUExample.cu.

I hope that someone can help me.
Thanks.

Mouna