4.0r1 - missing armv5te (armeabi)

I updated to 4.0r1 (I know r2 is now out), and since then it won’t build my projects anymore unless I change the architecture to v7. But I like to stay backwards compatible. So either keep v7 and add support for the older, or just use the older one.

How can I do this? Was it removed on purpose, or why won’t it support old architecture anymore?
(I checked the config files and neither armv5te nor armeabi in there anymore).

EDIT: I found out by using my old and nice Samsung Tab with Tegra 2. It throws ILL_ILLOPC, but I don’t know how to prevent it from using whatever instruction it uses. Just armv5 did not produce those instruction. Disabling neon and FP I already tried as a workaround, but it failed.

Thank you!
Pierre.

Hi Pierre,

We’ve officially removed the support for ARMv5TE. Please use an older Nsight Tegra version to develop for such devices.

-Dmitry

Thank you Dmitry for the info.
Can you confirm if this is the reason the Samsung Tab won’t run the code anymore?
It uses a Tegra 2 Chip, which does support ARMv7 instuction set. Just missing NEON.

We don’t provide official support for Tegra 2 devices in TADP. Which means that unfortunately we cannot research the issue to answer your question (we don’t even have Tegra 2 devices to reproduce it). The only viable workaround seems to be using an Nsight Tegra version that works for you or switching to a supported device.