Nsight instantly closes with code 0 (0x0)

I wanted to try Nsight to debug my 3D application, but so far i was unable to even start a debug attempt.
Everytime, regardless in which way, i try to start “Graphics Debugging” my application starts normal (white window) and i can see that i got connected to the target (local machine). But soon after starting, the application closes and i get disconnected from the target. The Debug output in Visual Studio just prints out this:

The thread ‘Graphics’ (0x0) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program ‘[5796] Program.exe: Graphics’ has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Starting the application in debug mode normally (through Visual Studio) works fine.

What is wrong?
Here are my Specs:

Visual Studio 2013 64-bit on Windows 7 64-bit
NSight Visual Studio Edition 4.6
My Program i am trying to Debug is configured to be 32-bit in Debug-Mode.
My Graphics Card: GTX 560 TI
My Driver Version: 347.52

Thanks for any help-

Hi puelo,

Are you config your Nsight setting to proper working directory as your sample needed?

Thanks
An

Hi AYan,

yes. I did set the working directory in the Nsight config for my project in Visual Studio to the directory where my debug executable is located. Every file needed by my application is also in this directory. I am able to start my application inside the folder specificed, even without Visual Studio.
If i try to start my application with “Launch with Nsight HUD 2.6”, the same thing happens: My application starts (white screen) and then instantly closes again.

Thank you!
Tobias

Hi puelo,

Nsight 2.6 is not the latest version of Nsight, maybe you need a new Nsight.

Thanks
An

Hi AYan,

i have Nsight 4.6.

Best,
puelo

Please post back if you are able to solve this problem. Yesterday I ran into the exact same problem. Nsight 4.6 on Quadro 5000 (driver 353.06). VS2013 Premium Upd.4 on 64bit Win7. Application runs fine from VS debugger or when started directly from debug executable folder. I get a white window for < 1 sec and application terminates with code 0 and disconnects.

Thanks,
StenR

Hi,

Hard to say what happens, any chance I can have your sample to do some local repro and investigation?

Thanks
An

Same here, Win7 64, trying nsight 4.6, 4.7, 5.0 RC1, various GFX drivers.
Same question here https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/731483/?comment=4194971

Symptoms:

1. the same solution works on PC1 (Win8.1, 550Ti) but not working on PC2 (Win7 780Ti)
  2. on PC2 there is even no nsight item in VS output window list
  3. on PC2 I’m able to debug some OpenGL samples, it looks like it’s project related issue, forget drivers, nsight version
  4. solution contains one exe & several dlls all loaded implicitly by exe