Unable to push CUDA/OpenCV to Jetson TK1

I keep getting the same error when trying to push CUDA and OpenCV to the board. Worked just fine the first time but now I need to repeat the process and nothing:

running em_scp
/root/.ssh/known_hosts updated.
Original contents retained as /root/.ssh/known_hosts.old

192.168.2.133 SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.6.1p1 Ubuntu-2ubuntu2

192.168.2.133 SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.6.1p1 Ubuntu-2ubuntu2

Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.

Any hint will be very appreciated, thanks!

Tried everything, rebooting, removing de know_hosts, the eval ‘ssh-agent -s’ trick, even re-flashing the hole board and reinstalling ubuntu completely in my PC, reconfiguring the network, etc. Nothing worked, until I decided to try other JetPackTK1, the 1.0 to be precise instead of the 1.1, and magically it worked.

Leaving this here for future people having the same problem.

I ran into the same problem. I was able to work around the problem by finishing the process manually with the following steps:

on the host:

• scp /opt/JetPackTK1-1.1/cuda-l4t/cuda-repo-l4t-r21.3-6-5-prod_6.5-42_armhf.deb ubuntu@device:

on the device:

• sudo dpkg -i cuda-repo-l4t-r21.3-6-5-prod_6.5-42_armhf.deb
  • cd /var/cuda-repo-6-5-prod
  • sudo dpkg -i --force-all cuda*
  • sudo sed -i.bak ‘s/(^deb.main restricted)\s$/\1 universe multiverse/g’ /etc/apt/sources.list
  • sudo sed -i.bak ‘s/(^deb.main restricted universe)\s$/\1 multiverse/g’ /etc/apt/sources.list
  • sudo apt-get -y update
  • sudo apt-get -f install
  • sudo apt-get --purge remove cuda-repo-l4t-r21.3-6-5-prod
  • echo ‘export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda/lib
    export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/cuda/bin’ >> ~/.bashrc

Hope this helps.

I’m having this same problem. I’ve just gotten my board to flash using the JetPack installer. The OS flashes no problem now, but now at the push CUDA/OpenCV/PerfKit screen it can’t make a connection to the target. I am able to manually ssh into the target, but the installer cannot. The output in the xterm is similar to the first post:

running em_scp
#Host 155.34.64.234 found: line 1 type RSA
#Host 155.34.64.234 found: line 2 type ECDSA
/root/.ssh/known_hosts updated.
Original contents retained as /root/.ssh/known_hosts.old
# 155.34.64.234 SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.6.1p1 Ubuntu-2ubuntu2
# 155.34.64.234 SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.6.1p1 Ubuntu-2ubuntu2
Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.

I see a work around posted here, but am wondering if this problem has a solution so the installer ca actually finish with success.

Suggestions?

The problem seems only occur when installing JetPack with root privilege. Current work around is to install JetPack as a non-root user. JetPack future release will fix the bug.

It’s not ossible to install as other than root, the permissions on files get messed up and ends up not flashing correctly. I went htrought this in detail in thread
[url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/753589/embedded-systems/jetson-tk1-issue-with-re-flashing-the-board-and-the-mkgpt-binary-/[/url]

It appears the flashing script hesitates between your current user and “root” when updating or using the right “.ssh/known_hosts” file, when running the whole install with “sudo”.

A solution that worked here was to create a symlink in: /root/.ssh with a target to my current user account: /home/[yourcurrentuser]/.ssh

Flashing device as non-root is definitely possible. If you do have problem with existing environment when flahsing device, please consider removing existing installation, and reinstall JetPack as a non-root user from the beginning.

I’m glad to find the answer posted months after I found this issue. I just saw that a new firmware version came out and decided to try it. To find out that I’m having the same problem as before. What I did this time was to give /home/osboxes/.shh/id_rsa permissions with chmod in order to be able to run the jetPack software as a common user, and it worked.
Hope it helps.