GeForce 740M / Asus X550L / CODE 43 AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE
Guy [b]I solved[/b] all problem with the latest bios version (v. 208 for my ASUS)!!!
Guy I solved all problem with the latest bios version (v. 208 for my ASUS)!!!

Posted 08/24/2015 05:16 PM   
[quote="Umberto"]Guy [b]I solved[/b] all problem with the latest bios version (v. 208 for my ASUS)!!![/quote] Could you explain to us in detail what you did that way anyone else who has this same issue can follow your steps and potentially fix their problem? That and quite honestly I have no idea what bios is or how to implement it into my laptop :/
Umberto said:Guy I solved all problem with the latest bios version (v. 208 for my ASUS)!!!

Could you explain to us in detail what you did that way anyone else who has this same issue can follow your steps and potentially fix their problem? That and quite honestly I have no idea what bios is or how to implement it into my laptop :/

Posted 08/24/2015 05:24 PM   
1) check your BIOS version https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008325/ 2) check the last version on productor's website 3) if necessary update BIOS http://www.asus.com/en/support/FAQ/1008276/ It worked for me U.
1) check your BIOS version https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008325/

2) check the last version on productor's website
3) if necessary update BIOS http://www.asus.com/en/support/FAQ/1008276/

It worked for me

U.

Posted 08/24/2015 05:38 PM   
I've had this issue a few times over the past year, but I have managed to get it working again after hours of Uninstall/Install cycles and the last time it happened I upgraded the BIOS. I was reluctant to upgrade to Windows 10, but after the upgrade the video card worked fine. Upgraded August 9th, the driver Code 43'd me yesterday afternoon (August 25th) and none of the old tricks worked to revive the driver. ASUS Q550L GeForce 745M
I've had this issue a few times over the past year, but I have managed to get it working again after hours of Uninstall/Install cycles and the last time it happened I upgraded the BIOS.

I was reluctant to upgrade to Windows 10, but after the upgrade the video card worked fine. Upgraded August 9th, the driver Code 43'd me yesterday afternoon (August 25th) and none of the old tricks worked to revive the driver.

ASUS Q550L
GeForce 745M

Posted 08/26/2015 02:20 PM   
So after a few more hours of trying and searching the web for solutions I found another that worked for me. Deleted "numbered" drvier folders in C:\Windows\NVIDIA\Display Drivers Uninstalled NVIDIA products via Windows Unistaller, making sure to uninstall the Drivers package LAST. Installed base ASUS driver version 918133285 from ASUS website Installed 340.52 successfully, after. Just a straight upgrade, clean install not selected. In the past I've tried to install 344.48 but it failed. I'm leery to install anything higher than 340.52, even though I've read others' success with higher released driver packages. It would be great to know *why* this happens, and why no solution ever seems to work more than once.
So after a few more hours of trying and searching the web for solutions I found another that worked for me.

Deleted "numbered" drvier folders in C:\Windows\NVIDIA\Display Drivers
Uninstalled NVIDIA products via Windows Unistaller, making sure to uninstall the Drivers package LAST.

Installed base ASUS driver version 918133285 from ASUS website
Installed 340.52 successfully, after. Just a straight upgrade, clean install not selected.

In the past I've tried to install 344.48 but it failed. I'm leery to install anything higher than 340.52, even though I've read others' success with higher released driver packages.

It would be great to know *why* this happens, and why no solution ever seems to work more than once.

Posted 08/26/2015 10:33 PM   
The BIOS upgrade fix does not seem to be a permanent fix to the Code 43 issue. I upgraded my BIOS to version 210 on the Asus website on 20/08/2015. I'm on Asus UX302LG. This morning I got the same BSOD while shutting down with the same message VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR that I posted a few posts back. And now I can't upgrade the BIOS any further as I am already on the latest version. This does not seem to be a driver issue as the drivers I've tried for Windows 10 seem to work at least for a while until the BSOD. Somehow after the BSOD the card does not seem to be able to initialize at boot. We need answers and a fix.
The BIOS upgrade fix does not seem to be a permanent fix to the Code 43 issue. I upgraded my BIOS to version 210 on the Asus website on 20/08/2015. I'm on Asus UX302LG.

This morning I got the same BSOD while shutting down with the same message VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR that I posted a few posts back. And now I can't upgrade the BIOS any further as I am already on the latest version.

This does not seem to be a driver issue as the drivers I've tried for Windows 10 seem to work at least for a while until the BSOD. Somehow after the BSOD the card does not seem to be able to initialize at boot. We need answers and a fix.

Posted 09/02/2015 09:58 AM   
Notebook Asus X550LB-XX053D, CPU Intel® Core™ i7-4500U 1.80GHz, Haswell, 8GB, 750GB, nVidia GeForce GT 740M 2GB Optimus. BIOS 403 Worked fine on Win 8.1. After upgrade to Win 10 I cannot use GeForce GT 740M video card because of code error 43. I have tried a lot of driver versions but none of them solved the issue. Everytime I used DDU to uninstall the previous driver, but the problem persists. Asus support encoureged me to roll back to Win 8.1, NVIDIA Live Support suggested me to disable on-board video card (not possible - not available in BIOS, if disable in Device Manager problem persits), Microsoft didn't answer till now via e-mail and I couldn't reach them by phone. Does anyone have any ideea how to solve this issue? If any further info is required I can provide. Thanks in advance! Cheers, Daniel
Notebook Asus X550LB-XX053D, CPU Intel® Core™ i7-4500U 1.80GHz, Haswell, 8GB, 750GB, nVidia GeForce GT 740M 2GB Optimus. BIOS 403
Worked fine on Win 8.1. After upgrade to Win 10 I cannot use GeForce GT 740M video card because of code error 43. I have tried a lot of driver versions but none of them solved the issue. Everytime I used DDU to uninstall the previous driver, but the problem persists.

Asus support encoureged me to roll back to Win 8.1, NVIDIA Live Support suggested me to disable on-board video card (not possible - not available in BIOS, if disable in Device Manager problem persits), Microsoft didn't answer till now via e-mail and I couldn't reach them by phone.

Does anyone have any ideea how to solve this issue?
If any further info is required I can provide.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Daniel

Posted 09/03/2015 12:41 PM   
I managed to flash my BIOS again using the same version and the Code 43 is gone. For those on ASUS, Please use the following guide to update your BIOS (if you wish to update to the latest version): 1) Follow the instructions in the following link: http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008276/ 2) Winflash will not allow you to flash if you are trying to downgrade or use the same BIOS version as your existing one (the flash button will be greyed out). If you wish to flash the same BIOS version as your existing one follow the instructions below: 1) Follow the instructions to download BIOS and Winflash using the same link above. 2) Launch "Command Prompt" by searching using the search function beside the start menu. 3) Enter "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash" without the "" and hit enter 4) Enter "Winflash /nodate" without the "" and hit enter. 5) Winflash will open. 6) Select the respective BIOS version you downloaded (The flash button should not be greyed out). 7) Proceed to flash. I have only tried flashing the same version of BIOS as my existing one and it works. I do not recommend downgrading your BIOS version as I personally have not tried and do not know what will happen. This seems to be the only temporary fix now whenever the Code 43 appears for me. Cheers, Danny
I managed to flash my BIOS again using the same version and the Code 43 is gone.

For those on ASUS,

Please use the following guide to update your BIOS (if you wish to update to the latest version):

1) Follow the instructions in the following link: http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008276/
2) Winflash will not allow you to flash if you are trying to downgrade or use the same BIOS version as your existing one (the flash button will be greyed out).

If you wish to flash the same BIOS version as your existing one follow the instructions below:

1) Follow the instructions to download BIOS and Winflash using the same link above.
2) Launch "Command Prompt" by searching using the search function beside the start menu.
3) Enter "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash" without the "" and hit enter
4) Enter "Winflash /nodate" without the "" and hit enter.
5) Winflash will open.
6) Select the respective BIOS version you downloaded (The flash button should not be greyed out).
7) Proceed to flash.

I have only tried flashing the same version of BIOS as my existing one and it works. I do not recommend downgrading your BIOS version as I personally have not tried and do not know what will happen.

This seems to be the only temporary fix now whenever the Code 43 appears for me.

Cheers,
Danny

Posted 09/04/2015 04:24 AM   
I updated my bios but not fix to the Code 43 issue. Mine is X550LB too
I updated my bios but not fix to the Code 43 issue. Mine is X550LB too

Posted 09/06/2015 06:56 AM   
So, even if it sounds funny removing and reinstalling the battery solved my problem!!! I've read about this "trick" but I couldn't believe it :) but, my notebook has been frozen the other day and there was nothing I could do. So, I have removed the battery and after a very long boot (at 3-4 minutes) a random "right click" caught my attention because I have seen NVidia Control Panel!!! Actually, I wouldn't bet on removing and reinstalling the battery, but definitely deserves a try! I do not know how to figure out which driver version is installed ... might be interesting for some people. I made a print screen but I have no upload button! From the Device Manager I extracted: Driver Provider: NVIDIA Driver Date: 13.07.2015 Driver Version: 10.18.13.5354 Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher Hope all these can help, Cheers, Daniel NVIDIA Graphics Driver 353.54 NVIDIA Update 10.4.0
So, even if it sounds funny removing and reinstalling the battery solved my problem!!! I've read about this "trick" but I couldn't believe it :) but, my notebook has been frozen the other day and there was nothing I could do. So, I have removed the battery and after a very long boot (at 3-4 minutes) a random "right click" caught my attention because I have seen NVidia Control Panel!!!

Actually, I wouldn't bet on removing and reinstalling the battery, but definitely deserves a try!

I do not know how to figure out which driver version is installed ... might be interesting for some people. I made a print screen but I have no upload button!

From the Device Manager I extracted:

Driver Provider: NVIDIA
Driver Date: 13.07.2015
Driver Version: 10.18.13.5354
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Hope all these can help,

Cheers,
Daniel

NVIDIA Graphics Driver 353.54
NVIDIA Update 10.4.0

Posted 09/06/2015 05:24 PM   
ok for those who went back to windows 8 and still had this problem , i made a clean windows 8 install , install chipset from asus , install audio from assus , then go to device manager right click on "unknown 3d device " (your videocard) and update driver thru windows , then it's working again withouth code 43 Good luck. Bram
ok for those who went back to windows 8 and still had this problem ,
i made a clean windows 8 install , install chipset from asus , install audio from assus , then go to device manager right click on "unknown 3d device " (your videocard) and update driver thru windows , then it's working again withouth code 43
Good luck.
Bram

Posted 09/08/2015 09:08 PM   
to error code 43... I tried to change UAC (user account control settings).. choose "Only notify me when programs try to make changes to my computer" then.. reinstall nvidia driver using dvd... My version: GeForce GT 430 - driver version : 301.42 OS : Win 10 pro x64 "It works for me"...
to error code 43...
I tried to change UAC (user account control settings).. choose "Only notify me when programs try to make changes to my computer"
then.. reinstall nvidia driver using dvd...

My version:
GeForce GT 430 - driver version : 301.42
"It works for me"...

Posted 09/11/2015 12:52 PM   
Exactly same problem here! Is there any way to see if my gpu is dead? Maybe it is burnt by high temperature?
Exactly same problem here!
Is there any way to see if my gpu is dead? Maybe it is burnt by high temperature?

Posted 09/16/2015 02:23 PM   
Well I tried the BIOS update and exactly 2 days later the card goes code 43. Can't remove the battery without breaking the thing. And for whatever reason after a month of not working it comes back and then 2 days afterwards it stops. I also did more digging. For those of you who are unfortunate to own an Asus Q550LF with a nvidia card of 745m this is [i]common[/i] on your laptop. Has been since win 7 and probably will be in the future. As far as I know only a BIOS update fixes this problem for whatever reason but as of this post there is only ver. 215 from last year. And considering that's the one I'm using right now well I'm out of luck.
Well I tried the BIOS update and exactly 2 days later the card goes code 43. Can't remove the battery without breaking the thing. And for whatever reason after a month of not working it comes back and then 2 days afterwards it stops.

I also did more digging. For those of you who are unfortunate to own an Asus Q550LF with a nvidia card of 745m this is common on your laptop. Has been since win 7 and probably will be in the future.

As far as I know only a BIOS update fixes this problem for whatever reason but as of this post there is only ver. 215 from last year. And considering that's the one I'm using right now well I'm out of luck.

Posted 09/18/2015 01:03 PM   
I want to throw away 740 m :(
I want to throw away 740 m :(

Posted 09/18/2015 03:49 PM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply