Define a polynomial surface

I have a polynomial surface that was fitted by the measurement data. Is it possible to use this surface in the Optix? I only see the sphere and plane in the example code.
Thanks!

There is no out-of-the-box solution, but since you can define ray intersection programs for arbitrary geometries, you can also write one for polynomial surfaces. You will also need a boundary program for the polynomial surfaces.
Once you have both, you can use OptiX with your polynomial surfaces.

Thanks for your quick response. I am new for the CUDA and Optix. But I am really interested in this technology.
If I can define this polynomial surface, do you know if the Optix calculate the intersection analytically or iteratively?

Thanks a lot!

You must provide the algorithm for the intersection routine. Have a look at the SDK examples, it contains an example on how to intersect a triangle mesh. This code can also be found online, e.g. at https://github.com/nvpro-samples/gl_optix_composite/blob/master/shaders/optix_triangle_mesh.cu

So you need to either implement an analytical or an iterative solution which determines if a given ray intersects your surface.