Loss of variable on GPU

Hi
I have a little software where i compute some value like device_J1, device_J2. Later i put all this value in a single array thanks to a kernel.
This is the chaining of my Kernel:

gpuErrchk(cudaMemset(device_J1,0,(i_bus-1)*(i_bus-1)*sizeof(double)));
		gpuErrchk(cudaMemset(device_J2,0,npq*(i_bus-1)*sizeof(double)));
		gpuErrchk(cudaMemset(device_J3,0,(i_bus-1)*npq*sizeof(double)));
		gpuErrchk(cudaMemset(device_J4,0,npq*npq*sizeof(double)));
		ComputeJacobienne1<<<Block_Jaco,threadsperBlocksJack>>>(device_J1, device_del,  device_G, device_B,device_V,  i_bus); 
		gpuErrchk(cudaGetLastError());
		ComputeJacobienne2<<<Block_Jaco,threadsperBlocksJack>>>(device_J2, device_del,  device_G, device_B,device_V,  i_bus, npq,device_Pq); 
		ComputeJacobienne3<<<Block_Jaco,threadsperBlocksJack>>>(device_J3, device_del,  device_G, device_B,device_V,  i_bus, npq,device_Pq); 
		ComputeJacobienne4<<<block_jaco4,threadsperBlocksJack>>>(device_J4, device_del,  device_G, device_B,device_V,  i_bus,npq,device_Pq); 
		gpuErrchk(cudaDeviceSynchronize());
		ComputeJ<<<1+((i_bus-1)/1024),1024>>>(device_J, device_J1, device_J2, device_J3, device_J4, i_bus, npq);

And this is an example of a computejacobienne kernel:

__global__ void ComputeJacobienne1(double* J1,double* del,double* G, double* B,double* V, int i_bus ){
	int x= blockDim.x*blockIdx.x+threadIdx.x;
	int y= blockDim.y*blockIdx.y+threadIdx.y;
	int m=x+1;
	int n=y+1;
	if(m<i_bus&&n<i_bus){
		if(n==m){
			for(n=0;n<i_bus;n++){
				J1[x*(i_bus-1)+y]+=V[m]*V[n]*(-G[m*i_bus+n]*sin(del[m]-del[n])+B[m*i_bus+n]*cos(del[m]-del[n]));
			}
			J1[x*(i_bus-1)+y]+=-V[m]*V[m]*B[m*i_bus+m];
		}else{
			J1[x*(i_bus-1)+y]=V[m]*V[n]*(G[m*i_bus+n]*sin(del[m]*del[n])-B[m*i_bus+n]*cos(del[m]-del[n]));
		}
	}
}

And the kernel Compute J:

__global__ void ComputeJ(double* J,double* J1, double* J2, double* J3, double* J4, int i_bus, int npq){
	int x=blockDim.x*blockIdx.x+threadIdx.x;
	if(x<i_bus-1){
		for(int i=0;i<(i_bus-1);i++){
			J[x*(i_bus-1+npq)+i]=J1[x*(i_bus-1)+i];
			if(i<npq){
				J[x*(i_bus-1+npq)+(i+i_bus-1)]=J2[x*npq+i];
			}
		}
	}
	if(x<npq){
		for(int i=0;i<i_bus-1;i++){
			J[(x+i_bus-1)*(i_bus-1+npq)+i]=J3[x*(i_bus-1)+i];
			if(i<npq){
				J[(x+i_bus-1)*(i_bus-1+npq)+(i+i_bus-1)]=J4[x*npq+i];
			}
		}
	}
}

My main issue is that i get the good value for device_J1, device_J2 etc (i’ve checked them) but when i use Nvsight to see the value of J1 in ComputeJ, the value are completely different… And i have no clue why.
I’ve considered a possible synchronisation issue but even with some cudaDeviceSynchronize after each kernel, it doesn’t work.
It’s complicated for me to provide something which will work but i can if i must. So if you have some idea you’re welcome.
Thanks

I assume you are referring to the a debug process with Nsight, where you single step the code etc. If so, don’t forget to compile with the compiler switch -G.

Yes, i already do that. My problem is i don’t find the correct value checked before for device_J1 when i run the kernel ComputeJ step by step.

“I’ve considered a possible synchronisation issue”

you are using the default stream, if i am not mistaken; hence i do not see how it can be synchronization related

if kernel A pushes/ writes a value, and kernel B reads the value, and it is not the same value, (and it is the default stream), i would:

make sure that both kernels access the same (physical) address
no kernel access memory out of bounds

the debugger can reveal the actual pointer address - mouse-over suffices, if i remember correctly
and memcheck, etc can test memory access