[BUG] Wacom Cintiq 21ux + nVidia 355 Off Center

Arch Linux + nVidia 355 + Kernel 4.2

The new nVidia driver for Linux breaks my Wacom Cintiq 21ux by setting set the screen in the wrong position - about 50 pixels from the top and 400 pixels from the left on a 1600x1200 resolution display.

I was able to confirm that downgrading to Kernel 4.1 and nVidia 352 fixed this issue.

This is the code I used to revert to 352.

# Login to Root
su

# Show Available Kernels
ls -l /var/cache/pacman/pkg/*kernel*

# Show Available nVidia Packages
ls -l /var/cache/pacman/pkg/*nvidia*
sudo pacman -R nvidia nvidia-libgl nvidia-utils lib32-nvidia-libgl lib32-nvidia-utils

# Remove nvidia
sudo pacman -R nvidia
sudo pacman -S mesa-libgl (Remove nvidia-libgl)
sudo pacman -R nvidia-utils
sudo pacman -S lib32-mesa-libgl
sudo pacman -R lib32-nvidia-utils

# Downgrade to Kernel 4.1-6
pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/linux-4.1.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

# Rebuild Kernel
mkinitcpio -p linux

# Reboot before install nVidia
reboot

# Install nVidia
sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/nvidia-352.41-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/nvidia-libgl-352.41-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/nvidia-utils-352.41-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/lib32-nvidia-utils-352.41-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/lib32-nvidia-libgl-352.41-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

# Rebuild Kernel
mkinitcpio -p linux

Please let me know what other information and logs I can attach to this bug as I’m still unsure where exactly the problem lay.

(I have no /etc/X11/xorg.conf file or /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ subfiles pertaining to anyhing other than keyboard.)

After days digging through the internet & reading technical manuals I was able to determine that this particular monitor from Wacom is DVI-I meaning the digital cable contains both Digital and Analog signals.

I was able to then deduce that as the screen was LCD that it likely had screen adjustment software - using the hidden buttons on the top right I reset the monitor to factory conditions and for some magical reason the problem was fixed.

I have not the slightest clue as to why this issue was only present in the 355+ driver and not in the 352 or even in lower resolutions - however I hope my experience helps others to learn that the tablet/monitor has a factory reset if they encounter this oddity.

After days digging through the internet & reading technical manuals I was able to determine that this particular monitor from Wacom is DVI-I meaning the digital cable contains both Digital and Analog signals.

I was able to then deduce that as the screen was LCD that it likely had screen adjustment software - using the hidden buttons on the top right I reset the monitor to factory conditions and for some magical reason the problem was fixed.

I have not the slightest clue as to why this issue was only present in the 355+ driver and not in the 352 or even in lower resolutions - however I hope my experience helps others to learn that the tablet/monitor has a factory reset if they encounter this oddity.