358 beta not working properly in fedora 22

I installed 358 beta on my fedora 22 with nvidia 960 , and after reboot the login display of gnome 3.16.2 freezes, i can press enter and type password, enter and login fine to a working gnome, but going back to tty1 the login display is still frozen and the gdm process is at 100% and eating up memory.

I am seeing the almost the same thing on a 750ti.

However, the GDM login screen appears and does not display any updated drawing. Toggling VT2 and returning to VT1 shows the next frame, but clicking on objects or using the keyboard does not result in image updates.

It appears no drawing updates are making it to the monitor.

Thanks for reporting this. Can you please run nvidia-bug-report.sh and attach the resulting bug report log here?

We’ve managed to reproduce the problem and are tracking it in bug 1694723.

It looks like this is an SELinux problem. The new driver uses UNIX datagram sockets to communicate between the client and the server, and Fedora’s SELinux policy prevents that from working. For now, it’s probably easiest to disable SELinux or set it to permissive mode.

Edit: Fedora bug: 1271401 – SELinux policy prevents the NVIDIA 358.xx driver from updating the screen

Thanks for the prompt reply back! sorry didn’t get to send the error report in time, on your fedora bug report i noticed a selinux log and from that i added various modules to the 3 or 4 errors selinux throws out when loading the new driver and now works fine without having to disable it :)